Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Absolutely agree. I have said that many times on this forum, that added to the Earl Thomas blunder, I wonder how we even managed to get any decent players. I think the only draft year reid had was 2001,was it? Lito, Lewis, Brown, and Westbrook. Besides not getting Thomas, we also could have had Richard Sherman in the 5th round. Also, Chamberlain, the safety.

Nothing wrong with playing soothsayer, and thinking how a player will (or won't) develop. Going to get some right and some wrong. What gets me is those that put their futuristic opinion as forgone fact and don't acknowledge it's just an opinion and best guess.

No one predicted Brady would be the star he was. No one predicted that K. Warner would go from groc boy to the star he was. I really don't care if anyone predicted that Foles would be great or not. I just hope he continues to develop and really does become special. We need that in PHI!

I have seen one of the WORST games by a quarterback of any NFL game I've seen when he played DAL. He played scared, stupid, and like a guy was just pulled off the streets and put in uniform. I mean, one step from the sidelines and you put your hands out in fear and freeze, which then gets you a concussion?? Missing wide open guys by almost 10 yards with no pressure?? It was putrid. I honestly thought by that game alone, he should never play another game. And that's not based on college ball - that was vs DAL just this last season.

But then, he showed one of the most important things a player can show-- take something so bad, and put it behind you, move on and perform. That goes to a lot of character, hard work and shows he won't be rattled. It's mental fortitude. That was majorly impressive. It still took the body of work of the entire season to sell me on him - but I'm sold - and right or wrong, for what the future holds, I'm all in. Have been for awhile.

What people thought during the draft is fun to see - but really doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    LJ Smith over Jason Witten still kills me to this day
    While I agree with this - they have been used TOTALLY different as well. Witten would have had a much lower career here in PHI, and LJ would have done even better in DAL than he did here. Some forget how good LJ did earlier on, and then was not used. He was top 5 in yards after the catch at one point. We did not utilize him the way we should. Heck, even when we had success with 2 TE sets, Reid abandoned it stating, teams had film on it and they would be able to stop it. Never mind he waits for a team to actually prove it. He took himself out. Witten is clearly the better talent and better pick. But I don't see Witten having the career he did, if PHI took him.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    He was top 5 in yards after the catch at one point.
    His best year, 2006, he was #32 in YAC. Or did you mean YAC for TE's?

Either way, I remember him as an OK to good player, but nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    LJ Smith over Jason Witten still kills me to this day
    His fumble in the superbowl was on the 2005 SB highlights the other day. Mother ******.

That pick always killed me. I remember being pumped that Witten was still there and we were going TE.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234