"Tillman to explore free agency"

Was plastered all over the NFL ticker feed yesterday.

I interpret this as "Tillman leaving in FA, likely to the Bucs"

I also heard and interview with Revis at the Pro Bowl yesterday. Who said all theight things, but who I believe was really saying "Dude, I'll do this interview and say all the right things. But no way the Bucs are going to pay me $16 million to play a lot of zone. Especially not with Lovie having his boy Peanut a FA. and no cap hit for just cutting me."

The good news is there are at least 3 rounds worth of good big corners (right now... they may all go in the first 2 rounds given Seattle's success).

I'd be $$ to donuts Tillman is gone, and we draft a big corner in the first 3 rounds.

The writing was clearly on the wall when we approached Jennings immediately and not Tillman. I'm sure Peanut will understand the business decision that Emery needed to make and will say nothing but the right things when he leaves. It would have been interesting to see if he could've extended his career here by moving to safety but it was obviously something he has no intentions of doing.

Hello Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Load Letter View Post
    The writing was clearly on the wall when we approached Jennings immediately and not Tillman. I'm sure Peanut will understand the business decision that Emery needed to make and will say nothing but the right things when he leaves. It would have been interesting to see if he could've extended his career here by moving to safety but it was obviously something he has no intentions of doing.
    Are we sure about that? Certainly a possibility. Or, maybe Peanut was approached first with parameters similar to what Jennings signed for. Never know. But, my guess is eitehr way we were not going to pay pretty big money to 2 corners on the wrong side of 30. Peanut will always be one of my favorites. But I bet when we see what he signs for vis a vis Jennings' deal (and age, and most recent play) I think I am going to feel it was a good business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by brantcruz50 View Post
    Are we sure about that? Certainly a possibility. Or, maybe Peanut was approached first with parameters similar to what Jennings signed for. Never know. But, my guess is eitehr way we were not going to pay pretty big money to 2 corners on the wrong side of 30. Peanut will always be one of my favorites. But I bet when we see what he signs for vis a vis Jennings' deal (and age, and most recent play) I think I am going to feel it was a good business decision.
    What a shame. I always feel I need to say that about Tillman because he was probably my all-time favorite right up there with Payton.

And I don't like when Tillman is categorized as a zone coverage corner or a Tampa2 Corner, it's just not accurate, he does very well in man to man (other than Steve Smith)....but a team that is employing the Tampa 2 may be a perfect place for a guy whose skills are destined to decline.

With all of that said, I understand what's going on and feel that this is the right move for the Bears especially if we're going to a 3-4, which is yet to be determined.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    And I don't like when Tillman is categorized as a zone coverage corner or a Tampa2 Corner, it's just not accurate, he does very well in man to man (other than Steve Smith)....but a team that is employing the Tampa 2 may be a perfect place for a guy whose skills are destined to decline.
    Historically this is accurate re: man to man, but I saw his speed really drop off last year (when healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by PSUmtj112 View Post
    Historically this is accurate re: man to man, but I saw his speed really drop off last year (when healthy).
    He was never healthy last year.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Is he getting divorced or he's gay?

Lewis & Clark were 'explorers' and we all know what happened to them.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Is he getting divorced or he's gay?

Lewis & Clark were 'explorers' and we all know what happened to them.
    Why do I feel this post was intended for another thread.....get back on your Abilify, RA!

-Gandhi

Why do I feel this post was intended for another thread.....get back on your Abilify, RA!
    Some people are born charming but you've earned yours thru a book on charisma that banished the printing press for 10,000 eons.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Some people are born charming but you've earned yours thru a book on charisma that banished the printing press for 10,000 eons.
    The printing press thing was an unusual twist, but overall the book was completely worth the $29.95....

-Gandhi

The printing press thing was an unusual twist, but overall the book was completely worth the $29.95....
    In your case, I'll say!
    Gang Way!