Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    So then if legislation and policy isn't going to help with that .1%, then what do we do? Punt? Let them have a 'Scrooge' moment, and change on their own?

Isn't it logical that if CU was bad policy, then there can also be GOOD policy?
    I guess what I'm saying is, even if the majority of people want good policy and good legislation, the .1% has a seemingly endless ability to block it, and allow only that legislation and policy which serves their own needs. See: Perkins, or the Kochs.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is, even if the majority of people want good policy and good legislation, the .1% has a seemingly endless ability to block it, and allow only that legislation and policy which serves their own needs. See: Perkins, or the Kochs.
    Right, which is why having an educated electorate who doesn't buy into their bullshvt is important.

Idiots like the guy crying 'woe is us' doesn't hurt any.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

You people are sick. What's wrong with our society? When did it become OK to mock holocaust victims like Perkins?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324