Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk Sal View Post

all I know is that these days are sure going by slow, kick off is just over 72 hours and these days are going slower than the days before Christmas when I was a kid.
    That's how it is when your team is in it. Game Day is just murder, after butterflies all night before. Nothing quite like the euphoria of winning that Championship Game and knowing you're going. After that, it can go North or South. The buildup to Kickoff is like Water Drop.

It sucks losing, but if your team played great in a great game it's not as bad as the let down of getting walloped. In a close game in the Super Bowl the end is Pure Torture.

When we walloped Buffalo in our first one back it was like a Three Hour Orgasm. When the Raiders destroyed the Redskins it was like Surfing Down an Avalanche.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 01-30-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    That's how it is when your team is in it. Game Day is just murder, after butterflies all night before. Nothing quite like the euphoria of winning that Championship Game and knowing you're going. After that, it can go North or South. The buildup to Kickoff is like Water Drop.

It sucks losing, but if your team played great in a great game it's not as bad as the let down of getting walloped. In a close game in the Super Bowl the end is Pure Torture.

When we walloped Buffalo in our first one back it was like a Three Hour Orgasm. When the Raiders destroyed the Redskins it was like Surfing Down an Avalanche.
    I just want it to be a good game either way. If EA sports calls it right, and Denver wins in OT, I'll be more mollified than what happened in '05. Just have a good game where the teams decide it.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post

AYUP, and in a town like Seattle where we lost our Sonics but kept the Mariners and have just been lousy sportswise for years the pain will be deep if we lose, fortunately as I've gotten older my big picture perspective has evolved and it won't be as bad as it once would've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk Sal View Post
    AYUP, and in a town like Seattle where we lost our Sonics but kept the Mariners and have just been lousy sportswise for years the pain will be deep if we lose, fortunately as I've gotten older my big picture perspective has evolved and it won't be as bad as it once would've been.
    Sounds like you're ripe for a riot up there, win or lose - but especially if you win. I would keep my vehicle away from downtown/public areas as they seem to be the tinder of sport.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Absolutely. Except, I don't see bad weather as a problem from a football perspective. It could create logistical issues in terms of travel and such, but as I was saying before, NY is better suited to deal with such issues than say, Atlanta. Fortunately, they weren't given SB XLVIII.
    I'd say New York is better suited to deal with MOST issues than, say, Atlanta, but that's just me.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    I'd say New York is better suited to deal with MOST issues than, say, Atlanta, but that's just me.
    Well, there you go. Enjoy all the extra tourists!

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Well, there you go. Enjoy all the extra tourists!
    Not until tourist season is handled like deer season, I won't.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Not until tourist season is handled like deer season, I won't.
    Case #3,974,762,421b of Jim biting the hands that feed him. Let me ask you, Jim? Who, and what generation by the way, built and pays tix for that little strip of tar you like to cadwallader about with your singing troupe?

This couldn't have anything to do with your Daddy issues, could it?
    Gang Way!

4 inches of snow on the ground and counting today
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456