You're Builing a Rat Ship Here Canada!

A sea going vessel for rat eating cannibals! And if you think you're preparing these minnows for manhood, you better think again!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Atlantic.html

Canada tows this old ship far out to sea - or lost it depending who you believe. Now it's floating around out there somewhere with probably thousands of cannibal diseased rats. If it makes it to shore and breaks apart they're going to have a picnic with that! Rats get on ships a number of ways, typically through shipping docks but also via mooring lines improperly defended with cone devices. Once they get on - you ain't getting them off, and they M-U-L-T-I-P-L-Y.

This thing is nearing Britain or Ireland, it seems, who have divested in both radar and maritime aircraft to find it and blow it up - which I find difficult to believe. Nobody knows for sure where it is, so nobody's doing much about it. If it hit land prepare for Plague.
    Gang Way!

Irresponsible to just set it adrift, so it can run arground and spill it's rat population on land somewhere.

They should have given it to the US government to sink. We love blowing **** up.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

The ship had an unresolved debt dispute. Depending on what you read Canada was towing it to somewhere in the Carribean for salvage - which is supposedly worth almost $600-$700million (likely inflated). It's very expensive to tow a ship like that and if the destination opted out while they were already at sea... some are suggesting it was abandoned intentionally. There are places in the world, off India, Indonesia, where there are large ship graveyards - for tankers and other huge outdated vessels -- where they just abandon them, because they have large populations of... I don't want to call them peasants but... very poor people who will go out and literally salvage the ship for a living. They have huge shanty towns around wherever one is dropped off. It's very dangerous, grimy, disease and other calamity ridden work, but for them it's a gold mine. It affords them a way to make a living. I have some links on it but I don't figure I'll post them because if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

We will see the Costa Concordia hauled away in a year or so for a large 2-year scrap operation. So far I think a British firm is the top in the running for the job. But that's a recently wrecked ship. I'm talking about OLD HUGE TANKERS, mostly, that are obsolete.
    Gang Way!

Sounds scary as hell. It reminds me of the movie 28 days later.

I personally think the sanctity of the $600-700 million debt is small change compared to a plague of highly aggressive rats on a country, poor or not.

One day, our rat overlord will be able to trace his lineage to this ship.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

It may have landed in New York Harbor: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ke-plague.html
    Gang Way!