Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comp picks

Sounds about right Edondid, but I do think contract size is a factor too, so the two big ones might not quite cancel out. I could see us getting 2 7ths or a 6th and a 7th. I think we'll end up snagging a 7th for Durant since he signed for more than one year, but its mostly a guess.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

For Steelers I'm guessing 3rd for Wallace. 4th or 5th for Keenan Lewis and maybe a 6th or 7th for Mendenhall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Seems reasonable. Maybe a 5th or 6th for Walker too?
    Lost Goldson, Walker, Sopoaga, Francois and Ginn and signed Skuta, Dawson, Dorsey and Dahl. Unless they get a pick for the difference in contracts it's probably only a 3rd for Goldson.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

I Believe Adam JT was recognized by someone who is paying him for his prognostications. Someone mentioned it but can't remember who.
    Probably part of his contract that he can't give us the skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    If I remember right from the way AdamJT used to explain it, Quinn will cancel Cherilus, Bush cancels Avril, and Jones cancels Hill. So we had a net loss of Justin Durant if those are all of the qualifying FA's. I'm not even sure if 1.2 mil a year qualifies for a comp pick, but i would guess if it did then it would be a late 7th rounder.
    Sounds like Cherilus is going to end up being the one who isn't cancelled out and we will get an extra 4th. That's huge!
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Found some projections:

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=.../&id=244324361

Not familiar with this guy, but according to the article, he's been pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTyphoon View Post
    Found some projections:

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=.../&id=244324361

Not familiar with this guy, but according to the article, he's been pretty accurate.
    There's a link to Adamjt's blog on the site. 24 out of 32? This guy sucks!
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

New England

Lost: Welker ($6m), Thomas ($3.5m), Chung ($3m), Woodhead ($1.8m)

Signed: Amendola ($5.5m), Sopoanga ($3.7m), Svitek ($1m)

I can't imagine this is right, is it? Will the Pats actually get dinged out of a pick because they traded for a player that somebody else signed?

edit - n/m apparently there is precedence for this
    Last edited by Underdog; 02-13-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

I don't think that's correct, but I'm no expert. I've never heard of such a thing. Seems like they should get something like 2 5ths or 6ths.

Yeah apparently upon further investigation there is some precedence for it. I guess it makes sense in the sense that the acquiring team shouldn't end up with the player and the comp pick, though it's not like the Pats were ever going to sign Sopoaga when he was a FA, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom298 View Post
    For Steelers I'm guessing 3rd for Wallace. 4th or 5th for Keenan Lewis and maybe a 6th or 7th for Mendenhall.
    Steelers lost Wallace, Lewis, Mendenhall, Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. They signed Gradkowski, which cancels either Mundy or Allen based on contract size and playing time.

So the Steelers are likely to get a 3rd, either a 4th or 5th, and two 7ths. I believe this conclusion is why the Steelers had no problem trading this year's 3rd rounder for a 4th round pick (Shamarko Thomas) last year: they knew they'd have plenty of picks.
    "Dying is easy; comedy is hard." - Edmund Kean

Quote Originally Posted by SteelNutDave View Post
    Steelers lost Wallace, Lewis, Mendenhall, Ryan Mundy and Will Allen. They signed Gradkowski, which cancels either Mundy or Allen based on contract size and playing time.

So the Steelers are likely to get a 3rd, either a 4th or 5th, and two 7ths. I believe this conclusion is why the Steelers had no problem trading this year's 3rd rounder for a 4th round pick (Shamarko Thomas) last year: they knew they'd have plenty of picks.
    Mundy and Allen signed vet minimum contracts I think. If so they wont qualify. So Gradkowski will cancel out Mendenhall.

I think the Steelers will end up with a 3rd for Wallace and a 5th for Keenan, without any 7ths. But I'll take one!

You don't get comp picks if the player is cut, right?

Correct, cut players do not factor into the calculation.

The NFL has awarded the following 32 compensatory selections for the 2014 draft:

Ravens (4 picks): Round Three (99), Round Four (134), Round Four (138), Round Five (175).

Jets (4 picks): Round Four (137), Round Six (209), Round Six (210), Round Six (213).

Steelers (3 picks): Round Three (97), Round Five (173), Round Six (215).

Texans (3 picks): Round Four (135), Round Six (211), Round Seven (256).

Falcons (3 picks): Round Four (139), Round Seven (253), Round Seven (255).

Rams (3 picks): Round Six (214), Round Seven (249), Round Seven (250)

Cowboys (3 picks): Round Seven (248), Round Seven (251), Round Seven (254).

Packers (2 picks): Round Three (98), Round Five (176).

Lions (2 picks): Round Four (133), Round Four (136).

Bengals (2 picks): Round Six (212), Round Seven (252).

49ers (1 pick): Round Three (100).

Patriots (1 pick): Round Four (140).

Giants (1 pick): Round Five (174).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nsatory-picks/
    3rd round pick for the 49ers, that gives us 6 picks in the top 100!!
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast