Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    That was probably your first mistake.
    lol, obviously it impacted my ability to type commonly used words correctly.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    You guys have turned into a bunch of old women. "Oh you have a headache? You better go to the emergency room for that. " I remember when going to the ER was what you did when there was an actual emergency. Like 4 or more bulletholes. 3 or less you obviously just schedule an appointment next week with your primary care.

Seriously guys. I unbuckled my seat belt and fell a total of 5 inches onto my head. It's not like I went 12 rounds with a Klitschko or something.
    A coworker of my wife hit his head. Thought he was fine, just some headaches and a bit of nausea. Four days later he was dead from an hemmorage inside his skull. That incident has turned me into an "old woman" when it comes to this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Predicto View Post
    A coworker of my wife hit his head. Thought he was fine, just some headaches and a bit of nausea. Four days later he was dead from an hemmorage inside his skull. That incident has turned me into an "old woman" when it comes to this subject.
    Yeah, that happens, but believe me you've been an old woman for a long time, on many subjects, so I'd get yourself checked out pronto, too. You could be in need of a hysterectory.
    Gang Way!

I've had 2 and the 2nd one I think f-ed up my neck... The 1st one I knocked myself out on a patch of ice on a ski hill... I rememeber falling and the next thing I know my buddy is over me asking if Im alright... This was in HS 20 years ago when there was no concussion knowledge really... I skiied the rest of the night, but I remember feeling dizzy and nautious the rest of the night and a few days afterward....

The 2nd one a tractor trailor rear ended me and sent the delivery truck I was driving onto it's side and into a pole... I remember starting to make the turn and the next thing I know I was on my side with someone yelling in the front window that the truck was smoking... It was probably a good minute or 2 that I was out... That one I got taken to the hospital and they told my now wife that she had to wake me up every 2 hours for 2-3 nights and that I couldn't work, exert myself or do anything of the sort for 2 weeks... My neck hasn't been the same since... While I went back to work in 2 weeks, someone had to drive with me for another month because I had trouble focusing when moving... This was a pretty severe one in today's standards...
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Yeah, that happens, but believe me you've been an old woman for a long time, on many subjects, so I'd get yourself checked out pronto, too. You could be in need of a hysterectory.
    Well of course I am. I'm very nearly as ancient as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I don't know when you had yours, but it probably wasn't recently because there are tests that they do now. My son had one last year and they tested him several times, as compared to one he had a couple years earlier where it happened basically as you said. Concussion treatment protocols have grown by leaps and bounds in a very short period of time. In no small part due to all the attention on the problems of former NFL players, I'm sure.
    They just milk your insurance. Mine was in 2012 and was much worse than what you went through. I had all the tests and cognitive therapy for months. You couldn't pass the tests if you were 100%. It's more about money now than anything and the only thing (assuming you have no bleeding) that works is time.

Well of course I am. I'm very nearly as ancient as you.
    Damn, I had you pegged as mid-30's......
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Damn, I had you pegged as mid-30's......
    51. Sigh

51. Sigh
    You're still a pup.
    Gang Way!

I used to be a competitive cyclist growing up and had a concussion once when I wiped out and another guy rode right over my face. This also messed up my nose, which is really soft now (any time I get popped in the face I get a black eye). If you have a really serious concussion, you know it. You are in a fog for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    If you have a really serious concussion, you know it. You are in a fog for several days.

DAYS? uh oh.... I've been in a fog for years.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    You guys have turned into a bunch of old women. "Oh you have a headache? You better go to the emergency room for that. " I remember when going to the ER was what you did when there was an actual emergency. Like 4 or more bulletholes. 3 or less you obviously just schedule an appointment next week with your primary care.

Seriously guys. I unbuckled my seat belt and fell a total of 5 inches onto my head. It's not like I went 12 rounds with a Klitschko or something.
    You were in a car accident.

Don't be one of those macho males who think he doesn't need to be medically examined then you find a long-term problem that may have been correctable early.

If you don't have insurance, that's one thing. But if you do, you should get your behind to a doctor and get checked out. I'm more concerned about your overall and long-term well being than worried about whether you think I sound like an "old women."

And don't mock old women. They have much wisdom too.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

My editor told me of a guy who got into a car accident. He left the scene and to call his wife and tell her he was okay. Dropped dead right on the phone.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    My editor told me of a guy who got into a car accident. He left the scene and to call his wife and tell her he was okay. Dropped dead right on the phone.
    That was karma: leaving the scene of an accident. Not head trauma.
    Gang Way!

The brain is a wonderous organ, and it can also have problems from just the odd little tap - as I rather clearly demonstrate regularly.
    I've got your wondrous organ right here that loves to receive an odd little tap....I'll demonstrate it right in your face.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123