BFFP Pick 'Em Contest ***** SUPER BOWL SUNDAY ***** Final Round

We're going to the Super Bowl !!!!!!!

After what seems like an eternity, and a never ending stream of bad news: news that seemed to begin with the death of Darrent Williams but could actually go all the way back to John Elway's retirement and Terrell Davis' knee injury - the Broncos and their fans have had a rollercoaster of a ride over the past decade .....

In less than two weeks, our heroes will go up against one of the most irritating group of people ever assembled into an NFL team ...

Here in our game, the standings look like this, with LGM and Iron Jaw having played only one week, and JDBaker and Jeremiah missing the first week ..

Femurov - 14
    Lucas - 13
    Springstein - 12
    Furby - 10
    JDBaker - 9
    Jeremiah - 6
    Mingo - 5
    Iron Jaw - 2
    LGM - 1

Special props go to Furby and Yours Truly for correctly picking the 2 Super Bowl participants in the opening round !!!!! .... I should have made a note that if the correct teams were chosen, the posters with the correct picks would win a brand new 2014 Dodge Challenger - oh well, I doubt the NFL would have listened anyway ...

OK, one more game

Winning picks get 5 points

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Feb 2nd, 2014

_____Seattle at Denver ____
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

- Ezekiel 47:12

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Feb 2nd, 2014

_____Seattle at Denver __XXX__
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

And by the stream there cometh up on its edge, every kind of fruit-tree whose leaf fadeth not; and its fruits hath been for food, and its leaf for medicine.

Broncos Win!

Denver, of course!

And, make my Challenger an SRT8 , deep blue with all options.

Furby, this is the best I can do for right now ;)

― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    Furby, this is the best I can do for right now ;)

That's what I mean

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Feb 2nd, 2014

__20___Seattle at Denver __31__
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Broncos 45 Seattle 10
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

The only wa I can win this contest is to pick Seahawks.

I can't do it! Broncos: 31-21

How about 5 points to the poster with the closest score ?
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

CONGRATS FEMUROV !!!!!!!

With a total of 14 points, you are the Post Season Champ !!!

speech !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

Well, I do appreciate the honor and can't thank everyone involved enough. But it is with a heavy heart that I accept this award. I've been in a bit of a funk after the poor showing this past Sunday, but I am trying to move on and think back of the amazing season that our boys put together. I really hope we use this as motivation for next season and pick up where we left off at the AFC Championship game. I am not only sad about the game, but this is the last football game of the season, and the first off season that they changed the date of the NFL draft. I still haven't decided how I will handle this unruly, nonsensical atrocity made by Roger Goodell, but I am still looking into ways of being able to actually change my birthday. Just not getting anywhere with it.

So, let us raise our glasses, lads and lasses, because as time passes, sometimes as slow as molasses, the kids go to classes, do not listen to the media masses, about how they kicked our asses, but of Peyton's many TD passes, and just say gracias.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    Well, I do appreciate the honor and can't thank everyone involved enough. But it is with a heavy heart that I accept this award. I've been in a bit of a funk after the poor showing this past Sunday, but I am trying to move on and think back of the amazing season that our boys put together. I really hope we use this as motivation for next season and pick up where we left off at the AFC Championship game. I am not only sad about the game, but this is the last football game of the season, and the first off season that they changed the date of the NFL draft. I still haven't decided how I will handle this unruly, nonsensical atrocity made by Roger Goodell, but I am still looking into ways of being able to actually change my birthday. Just not getting anywhere with it.

So, let us raise our glasses, lads and lasses, because as time passes, sometimes as slow as molasses, the kids go to classes, do not listen to the media masses, about how they kicked our asses, but of Peyton's many TD passes, and just say gracias.
    Bravo !!!!!

You've outdone yourself Femurov - that was the best yet
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post

Post of the Month - not even close.