2014 nfc champions!!!

Well, Cheers to the NFC Champs... Huge win against a GREAT team... 2nd SB appearance for the Hawks in 8 years... It only took us 29 years to get to our first one but who's counting...

Game Balls:

Offense: Marshawn Lynch: The guy was a stud... Just began to dominate i the 2nd half gaining so many yards after contact... That 2 yard run where he should've been taken down for a 6 yard loss was one of his best runs... Obviously his best run was the Beast Mode Jr version of the the run he had against the Saints... Same outcome... Huge run in a key moment where we needed something big to happen... Put us ahead...

Defense: Kam Chancellor: This dude was downright nasty out there... That hit on V. Davis was phenominal... He had such an intimidating presence out there Crabtree alligatored a 2 yard pass for a 1st down late in the game, which he dropped... Dude had 11 tackles and a INT with two PD's...

Well, we needed a WR to come out big and Baldwin delivered the goods... The 53 yard completion was great to see but most of that was RW keeping the play alive since none of the WR's were open at first but none-the-less, he was big on 3rd downs for us... And that 69 yard kickoff return after the SF touchdown was just money... Changed the momentum...

RW had a few brain farts this game and over threw receivers 3 or 4x's... This was the same type of game we've been seeing from the Hawks... Not pretty on offense but just enough to get the job done...

Great thing is, we will definitely have Harvin back for the SB... Denver will not have much tape on how we use him so that will definitely be to our advantage...
    Last edited by Anointed One; 01-20-2014 at 07:24 AM.

My Team Can Only Be Described To A Player As In BEASTMODE MODE!!!

Defense: Kam Chancellor: This dude was downright nasty out there... That hit on V. Davis was phenominal... He had such an intimidating presence out there Crabtree alligatored a 2 yard pass for a 1st down late in the game, which he dropped... Dude had 11 tackles and a INT with two PD's...

I so much agree and it bodes well for the Seahawks that Earl Thomas may have had his worse game as a Seahawk. You saw him burnt and never heard his name called and that will not happen again IMO.

NFC-Chaampions!

Sounds good!

That other team is a pretty good ball team, but we are better.

One more game to go and all we're going to hear is Peyton's legacy yada yada, HOF career, Seahawks WRs are pedestrian.

Maybe the talking heads should recognize this is as a very very good team.

Now back to regular scheduled programming.

Just one more W and this season will go down as being totally magical not that it hasn't be amazing so far.

Enjoy the ride!
    Last edited by jammer; 01-20-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    If you're not mad as hell you're not paying attention.

Thought our D just continued to get better all game, and w/o either of Kaep's two big runs we shut their running game down and he was't able to beat us with his arm. Not buying the above about Thomas who did get burned on that pass to Boldin who is a pretty good WR, but they play games for 60 minutes and he was assignment solid the rest of the game. I acknowledge your gripe though but do think many wouldn't agree wit cha. That's the great thing about this board we seem to be able to talk seen with each other.

Finding ways to pressure Peyton will now be high on the list for our DC and Pete. Finding ways to better protect RW is also key for Coach Cable as I doubt he won't have a spy.

Richard needs to tone it down a tad but we don't know what was said between them except that Crabtree did disrespect him this week and Richard owned him when it counted.

Sure like the game Maxwell played yesterday as the LOB were all special.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Richard needs to tone it down a tad but we don't know what was said between them except that Crabtree did disrespect him this week and Richard owned him when it counted.

Sure like the game Maxwell played yesterday as the LOB were all special.
    Richards out break is good for the team. Huge media attention in the Superbowl and Richard took this distraction away from his teammates and put it on himself. Richard can handles it.
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

I remember clearly Hagans jumping offside, forcing Hass into a poor throw and Locklear to hold. The ball is picked, and to add insult to injury, Hass is called for clipping (??!!) when he makes the tackle.

After that game I tried to console myself in the fact that we had a great nucleus and would be back again with this same group of guys.

It never happened.

So two thoughts:

(1) As much as I'd like to think this will not be this core's only shot, you never know. Lord, I hope they finish this thing.

(2) I'v been waiting for this day since that unmentionably frustrating game. Sweet redemption is within our grasp.

GO HAWKS!
    The day is short; the task is great. You are not expected to complete the work; yet you are not free to evade it. Pirkei Avot 2:15

Quote Originally Posted by AnnArborHawk View Post
    I remember clearly Hagans jumping offside, forcing Hass into a poor throw and Locklear to hold. The ball is picked, and to add insult to injury, Hass is called for clipping (??!!) when he makes the tackle.

After that game I tried to console myself in the fact that we had a great nucleus and would be back again with this same group of guys.

It never happened.

So two thoughts:

(1) As much as I'd like to think this will not be this core's only shot, you never know. Lord, I hope they finish this thing.

(2) I'v been waiting for this day since that unmentionably frustrating game. Sweet redemption is within our grasp.

GO HAWKS!
    Amen. My main worry after XL was, if this was this group's only shot, why did they have to fall on their faces so badly with it?

One correction: The Haggans offsides play/Locklear hold ended with a Hass completion to Jerramy Stevens down to the Pittsburgh 2 yard line. I will always believe Shaun would have run the ball in behind Walt and Futch to go up 17-14, finishing off a 98-yard touchdown drive. Instead, the refs flagged Locklear and not Haggans, missed a horse-collar tackle on 2nd and long a play later, and Hass threw his INT on third and long, then got called for a low block.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    One of the things I learned about XL and the years that followed was just how difficult it is to make it there even just one time. I still do think the core of that 2005 team was outstanding, but the problem was our OL took a major hit after that year and just never recovered. And that was a problem because that team didn't have a QB (or a RB) who could overcome it as well as what we have on this team. That team's DL also wasn't quite as talented or deep with pass rushers as this one, and we frequently struggled pressuring QBs when only rushing 4.

Injuries also started to hit our top players. Walt started having his knee issues, SA broke his foot, Tatupu was constantly hurt, Tubbs was pretty much never back to form and gone too soon, Matt collected minor nagging injuries, Trufant was getting beat up, and it just seemed it all fell apart nearly as fast as it had come together. And the kicker is our division was still ripe for the taking for several more years but we just didn't have that same ability to beat the other top competition in the NFC....Beastquake notwithstanding.

This is a young team and our best players are all young, save Lynch. Even Harvin is only like 26, which is why I still have no problem at all with that trade because he has all sorts of opportunity to produce at a high level. We keep most of these guys together (I know we cannot keep them all) then I think we are in great shape to be back here again, and soon.
    U MAD BRO??

How true that is JMR just getting there is pretty special, getting back again is very hard. The '05 team to me was flawed as it was very very good to elite on O when their timing wasn't disrupted, when it was they were good but beatable. However their D had several key weaknesses including a serious lack of depth at Safety and small CBs who weren't good at hawking the ball, and the DLine was hurt and able to be run on.

This team is better built and if the core can be kept notwithstanding cap complication I thagree they could be challengers each season until the cap situation closes the window or steals talented core players away from the team.