Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 101 of 101
  1. #91
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,381
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Liar.
    Oh you shush.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,625
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Permission to plagiarize your post in a couple years when "that one isolated thing" happens to happen in Philly instead of SF, NY, LA, Houston, New Orleans (the most dangerous city in America), Bristol, Chicago, Denver or Arlington?
    Royalties?

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bahwston-Title Town
    Posts
    20,159
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    I'm still not entirely sure that it was thrown, as opposed to spilled by someone leaning on a railing.
    You can't be serious...

    I don't understand why some of you are still trying to rationalize this crap. Just say whoever did that is a scumbag and move on. You don't have to get crazy defensive about it. Everyone who's sane understands it wasn't every Seattle fan out there doing this. Probably one person who is a POS. Just move on.

    Trying to put reason behind it, make excuses for it or act like it's not big deal makes it that much worse.

    What would you guys be saying if Lynch tore his knee up like that in SF and a 49ers fan pegged a skittle at him as he was being wheeled out of the stadium?

    And gotta love Seahawk Sal pretending cuz it was just popcorn and not hot oil it's not a big deal. Sure popcorn isn't as big a deal as someone throwing scorching hot oil on a guy but it's still incredibly disrespectful and a move only a really sh*tty person would pull.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

    Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In a theatre near you.
    Posts
    16,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    You can't be serious...

    I don't understand why some of you are still trying to rationalize this crap. Just say whoever did that is a scumbag and move on. You don't have to get crazy defensive about it. Everyone who's sane understands it wasn't every Seattle fan out there doing this. Probably one person who is a POS. Just move on.

    Trying to put reason behind it, make excuses for it or act like it's not big deal makes it that much worse.

    What would you guys be saying if Lynch tore his knee up like that in SF and a 49ers fan pegged a skittle at him as he was being wheeled out of the stadium?

    And gotta love Seahawk Sal pretending cuz it was just popcorn and not hot oil it's not a big deal. Sure popcorn isn't as big a deal as someone throwing scorching hot oil on a guy but it's still incredibly disrespectful and a move only a really sh*tty person would pull.
    Oh, for the love of...where the heck in my post am I being "crazy defensive"?

    Get over yourself. Deadspin, the first site I saw with the .gif, was also pointing out that it could just as easily have been a spill. Most of the popcorn lands on the EMT walking with the cart, not Bowman. Hell, the guy leaning against the wall would have been hit by more had he not stepped out of the way.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bahwston-Title Town
    Posts
    20,159
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Oh, for the love of...where the heck in my post am I being "crazy defensive"?

    Get over yourself. Deadspin, the first site I saw with the .gif, was also pointing out that it could just as easily have been a spill. Most of the popcorn lands on the EMT walking with the cart, not Bowman. Hell, the guy leaning against the wall would have been hit by more had he not stepped out of the way.
    Have you ever spilled popcorn before? Unless someone tackled the guy holding popcorn over the railing it doesn't fall all over the place like that.

    And during that moment Seattle was going for it on 4th and goal situation at the 1 yard line...but I guess people were just sitting there watching Bowman being wheeled into the locker room with their popcorn hanging over the railing being all clumsy right?

    Guess what sometimes people are *******s, it's ok to admit it when it happens. You don't have to make ridiculous scenarios just to pretend like every Seattle Seahawk fan is pure class.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

    Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    43,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    Have you ever spilled popcorn before? Unless someone tackled the guy holding popcorn over the railing it doesn't fall all over the place like that.

    And during that moment Seattle was going for it on 4th and goal situation at the 1 yard line...but I guess people were just sitting there watching Bowman being wheeled into the locker room with their popcorn hanging over the railing being all clumsy right?

    Guess what sometimes people are *******s, it's ok to admit it when it happens. You don't have to make ridiculous scenarios just to pretend like every Seattle Seahawk fan is pure class.
    I suspect it was thrown on purpose, but wtf are you talking about?

    A ledge, space, gravity, and an elbow jostle are all it takes to shower twenty or thirty pieces of popcorn.

    You don't KNOW any more than anyone else does.

    We BOTH suspect it was done on purpose, but we don't KNOW.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    20,144
    Quote Originally Posted by JoKeR View Post
    Glad I have that much influence on you. Sounds like you have some real-life issues.
    Hey man, I'm just a weathervane riding the winds of the douchebags.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bahwston-Title Town
    Posts
    20,159
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I suspect it was thrown on purpose, but wtf are you talking about?

    A ledge, space, gravity, and an elbow jostle are all it takes to shower twenty or thirty pieces of popcorn.

    You don't KNOW any more than anyone else does.

    We BOTH suspect it was done on purpose, but we don't KNOW.
    lol ok whatever...i've spilled popcorn before and it never went down in such a wide spread arc or somehow went out that far away from me.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

    Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mayor's Income, TN
    Posts
    8,985
    I'd like people to sign on to my blood oath:

    As blood oathers we all agree to agree that this was just some jerk who is in no way whatsoever indicative of the Hawks as a team or their fans as a fanbase, just as we all agree to agree that it's incredibly unlikely that someone just happened to spill popcorn ten feet out into the middle of an alley right on Bowman as he was passing by on a cart.

    Deal?

    And to really solidify the blood oath pact, anyone who disagrees is hereby declared by the blood-oathers as a "usual suspect."

    ;)
    Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    43,589
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeyeJones View Post
    I'd like people to sign on to my blood oath:

    As blood oathers we all agree to agree that this was just some jerk who is in no way whatsoever indicative of the Hawks as a team or their fans as a fanbase, just as we all agree to agree that it's incredibly unlikely that someone just happened to spill popcorn ten feet out into the middle of an alley right on Bowman as he was passing by on a cart.

    Deal?

    And to really solidify the blood oath pact, anyone who disagrees is hereby declared by the blood-oathers as a "usual suspect."

    ;)
    Nice, I should have read this before I posted my snarky reply to Dave in the Sherman thread. It's MUCH better than mine.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bahwston-Title Town
    Posts
    20,159
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeyeJones View Post
    I'd like people to sign on to my blood oath:

    As blood oathers we all agree to agree that this was just some jerk who is in no way whatsoever indicative of the Hawks as a team or their fans as a fanbase, just as we all agree to agree that it's incredibly unlikely that someone just happened to spill popcorn ten feet out into the middle of an alley right on Bowman as he was passing by on a cart.

    Deal?

    And to really solidify the blood oath pact, anyone who disagrees is hereby declared by the blood-oathers as a "usual suspect."

    ;)
    Can I sign with someone else's blood ;)?
    Draft well and then coach em up!

    Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.