View Poll Results: Does Obama own the economy going into year 6 of his Presidency?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • No

5 26.32%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Who used to always post after one of Bush2s screw ups: "I blame Clinton, he got a bj"?
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    And yet he had the House and a veto-proof Senate for the first two years of his presidency
    Not completely true. When the elections of 2008 finished the Dems had 60 votes in NAME ONLY. Because of how close the MN Senate election was, Al Franken was not sworn into office until July. At the same time, in May of 2008 Ted Kennedy had a seizure and was out of the Senate for a stretch. So from January until May the Dems had 59 votes, and from May until July they had 58 votes, neither is enough to get past the fillibuster. Kennedy returned to the Senate for just a few votes and by mid 2009 had voted in months. So functionally the Dems had a fillibuster proof majority for probably about 7 total months.
    Last edited by Fandango; 01-18-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    I don't think anyone has any doubt that I've thought that for quite awhile, but I'm interested to see what other people think at this point. I know in 2012 I was amazed at what people thought of him and his ownership of various issues. If I just wanted to rant about how bad he is, I would have done that. Instead I made a poll without a lot of commentary to see what this left-leaning forum thinks going into year 6.
    I personally think Obama is a pretty bad President overall, very disappointing on a few levels, but his handling of the economy is not one of the things I ding him for. He inherited an economy in free fall, and turned it around by continuing and doubling down on standard stimulus policies that his predecessor started. He did that in his first two years when he had carte blanche. He also passed the ACA which on principal is the right thing for the country, controlling costs and partially socializing the costs of health insurance (we already had socialized Medicare/Medicaid, and socialized retirement, so this was hardly some massive shift away from "true American values." I consider those two things, fixing the cratering economy and the ACA concept to be his best accomplishments.

However, after 2010, he lost carte blanche and got stuck with the most obstructionist Congress in history, who's stated mission was to make Obama fail. Since then, the economy we have is what the natural cycle of economics has produced without much help from "Obama" or from Congress, we've been stalemated since 2010 and the modest improvements we have seen are what we could have expected with the Federal Govt doing nothing to help the economy at all. He owns it, but he has certainly not be able to do what he wanted since 2010. So he owns it only as much as any president can own it with 2 years to implement his policies and 4 years of complete stonewalling from Congress.

Where I find major fault with Obama is his handling of the NSA/spying stuff, and his piss poor management of the ACA roll out - He left it up to a bunch of incompetents to roll out then failed to make sure they got it done, that's on him.

I'd give Obama a C-.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Bush = F-
    Obama = F-

New World Order = Kiss my white hiney!
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

He stimulated me.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    . Instead I made a poll without a lot of commentary to see what this left-leaning forum thinks going into year 6.
    Well the votes are all over the map so far, so you lame attempt to score hypocrite points against the left is, as with most things associated with you, a fail.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Well the votes are all over the map so far, so you lame attempt to score hypocrite points against the left is, as with most things associated with you, a fail.
    Lol, thanks for the morning laugh.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    So on to the real point of your thread...Obummer is teh worst.
    No, he's above Bush. Where to put both of them ... wow.... tough call how far down.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Bush = F-
    Obama = F-

New World Order = Kiss my white hiney!
    I have Obama ahead of Bush.... and both with a pretty bad 'grade'. '16' years of this nonsense.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234