Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    During that stretch of games, I think it's a decent bet. RW was running for his life. I think Manning would have been killed. Have you seen him behind a turnstile O line before?

Anyway, the point is we were only able to overcome the loss of 3 starters on the line for multiple games was because we had other players with enough talent to overcome it.
    I know what you are saying, but I think Brady/Manning make different checks and shift protection to put there team in the best chance for success on just about every snap. Not saying Wilson can't, but he's not on the their level....yet.

Common theme is the best teams have depth to the 53rd guy, and are able to overcome, thus why they are the last 4 standing. I do think Denver and NE have been hit especially hard. You add the injuries with the loss of Hernandez and a new cast of WRs, I think this is the most impressive Pats team I have seen. Not the best, maybe just the most resilient.

Notice none of the QBs got injured. big diff.

I didn't even mention that Denver lost their friggin coach for a stretch this season. I dislike the Patriots...but will be tempted to root for them if they face Seattle or SF...

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    I know what you are saying, but I think Brady/Manning make different checks and shift protection to put there team in the best chance for success on just about every snap. Not saying Wilson can't, but he's not on the their level....yet.
    I agree. However, I think Wilson is getting a little undue scrutiny lately because he hasn't been putting up big #s. He also played very well early in the season in some extremely unfavorable circumstances, but that is being overshadowed by the last thing we saw. I'm looking forward to see him stand up against SF tomorrow.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I agree. However, I think Wilson is getting a little undue scrutiny lately because he hasn't been putting up big #s. He also played very well early in the season in some extremely unfavorable circumstances, but that is being overshadowed by the last thing we saw. I'm looking forward to see him stand up against SF tomorrow.
    Should be a good game. With two good Ds and running games, prolly going to come down to who makes more plays, Kap or RW.

I am a Wilson fan, and I saw what he can do with the game on the line against NE last year. I think he will eventually be great because he seems like a very hard working, intelligent, humble young man. Lots of people in the NFL have talent, but the great ones have the smarts/drive/work ethic to go along with that talent, and I think RW has it.

Quote Originally Posted by BHamita15 View Post
    I didn't even mention that Denver lost their friggin coach for a stretch this season. I dislike the Patriots...but will be tempted to root for them if they face Seattle or SF...
    Yeah, I think I'm right here as well. I've got much greater appreciation for what each AFC team went through to get here, as opposed to the NFC teams.

Of course, I really dislike both the niners and especially the hawks, so that's a smallish factor. ;)
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by vikesguy View Post
    weaksause op.

everyone is hurt at this point in the season.
    So every team has as many top-tier players out (not hurt, but out) as the Pats and Broncos do? Maybe the Seahawks and 49ers do, but I wasn't aware of it, which is why I posted the question. What exactly about asking that question is "weaksauce"?

Bert Breer is reporting Brady has played with ligament damage in his throwing hand this season.

http://nesn.com/2014/01/patriots-bro...well-runs-dry/
    "KFFL.....It's not Mannings fault.....if you believe it"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12