Stay tuned to Rochester NY mayor

Former head of city council (so not a stupid person by any means), got elected mayor. In her 1st 2 weeks, she:
    -became the 1st mayor of Rochester to appoint a bodyguard. (on tax payer dime) The guy happens to be her uncle.
    -After and event, Her uncle bodyguard got pulled over not once but twice going over 90.
    -Completely blew off a press conference that was scheduled for her to address these actions.
    -Completely ignored a specific reporter at another presser that had criticized her in a news report. She went on to answer the same questions when asked by any other reporter in the room. when pressed by the reporter that she would be allowed to ask questions at the presser that mayor replied "that she was the mayor!"
    -Announced that she plans to oversee a new water park to be built in downtown Rochester...even though the city council (that she was previously the head of), is the body that handles every aspect of new building projects. She had not reportedly gotten any approval of city council...
    -She will be investigated by an ethics committee soon to see if any of the above is grounds for action of any sort to be taken against her. But there are currently 3 vacant seats on the committee and she gets to appoint one of those seats.

Mayor's name is Lovely Warren. She comes across as being entitled. While not grounds to be replaced yet, she doesn't seem like she understands that she is a public servant; she wasn't elected to place herself above her constituents. She has a lot of rope...we'll see if the noose tightens, so to speak.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...bany-/4457115/
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Seems like a lulu.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    Mayor's name is Lovely Warren.
    Sounds like an apt description of her administration.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Rochester Mayor has been a target for centuries. Glad she got a body guard.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

So that's what happened to Linda Thompson.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I assumed this was going to be a thread on how BPP got elected mayor.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    I assumed this was going to be a thread on how BPP got elected mayor.

I was thinking 3Heads was the uncles favorite brewski.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Rochester Mayor has been a target for centuries. Glad she got a body guard.
    No doubt. You're next on the hit list, mayor of Fort Wayne....
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

The only real question is here is would Breed hit it? And, I suppose, would that help any?
    Gang Way!

There are a couple things to clarify here....

1. I am not the mayor...but could be if I wanted it.

2. She appointed a bodyguard due to death threats she got after winning the election. It is important to point out there is some serious racist overtones in these threats and the Mayor is a black woman. A double target for idiot anger.

3. Her Uncle has served as a bodyguard in his prior work experience and was also a NY Trooper at one point. He is a qualified for the job.

4. The speeding stuff was bad and how the mayor handled it was beyond poor.

5. The reporter in question has a history of being a pest at times. But the Mayor also handled this poorly. However, they have met and resolved their differences.

Overall, the Mayor is not exactly inspiring a lot of confidence and she got into office due to a lazy public not showing up to vote. We deserve what we have.
    enjoy the day - my bands album

3HB = Three Heads Brewing....my brewery.

3heads 'Lovely Warren Black Stout' coming to a distributer near you.
    I promise I won't do it again