Attrition (involuntary) among our nuclear weapons stewards

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/politi...dal/index.html

Various scandals and failed quality checks. Latest is widespread cheating on a proficiency test. (I hope they knew the answer to "What color is the launch button?")

That's got to be one of the most boring jobs in the world.

"What did you do for 20 years?"
    "I went to work with high optimism that I wouldn't be asked to destroy the world that day."
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/23/us...rs-say.html?hp

NYT sez that everybody in the missile command cheats, and morale is generally low.

It does give one excuse for cheating, namely that punishments for missing even a few test questions are high. But c'mon -- what do those guys have to do all day at work other than review what they would do in a crisis?
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized