Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    I think we'd be more likely to take Mike Evans if he's there than Benjamin

No doubt, but he won't be there.
    Chip is the man!

On age alone I'd take Evans over Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    Benjamin is more likely to be available at #22 than Evans. I doubt Evans slips past the first 15 picks. Though if Benjamin run a sub 4.5 I doubt he'll be there at #22 neither.
    ran 4.61.. and is 6'5 and 220#. WOW

At that slower time, and several others doing well, he may very very well be there. But at that size, slower speed - I don't see a prototypical #1 WR that we have talked about wanting/needing. I don't see a TO, Moss, Fitz, Megatron, etc. I see a TE playing WR. Can we really afford to take a TE in the 1st? I have not watched him in college, so I'm very open to some more input from you guys about this kid.

I am thinking we need to go D and save WR for a 3rd round pick.

I'm liking S Pryor and CB Gilbert or Dennard at this point, with an eye towards a LB in the 2nd.

I'm intrigued with this Benjamin guy - but I would love to have some more input from you guys that saw him play WR. Ease my mind this isn't just a TE playing WR.

I'm not sold on Benjamin at 22 ... iffy hands and lacks short area quickness. I do like the size advantage he brings to the table downfield, but that's not enough for me to take him at 22. You can draft WR later in this deep class. Evans will be long gone by 22.

The short area quickness is a bit alarming. He is basically a tight end though.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    ran 4.61.. and is 6'5 and 220#. WOW

At that slower time, and several others doing well, he may very very well be there. But at that size, slower speed - I don't see a prototypical #1 WR that we have talked about wanting/needing. I don't see a TO, Moss, Fitz, Megatron, etc. I see a TE playing WR. Can we really afford to take a TE in the 1st? I have not watched him in college, so I'm very open to some more input from you guys about this kid.

I am thinking we need to go D and save WR for a 3rd round pick.

I'm liking S Pryor and CB Gilbert or Dennard at this point, with an eye towards a LB in the 2nd.

I'm intrigued with this Benjamin guy - but I would love to have some more input from you guys that saw him play WR. Ease my mind this isn't just a TE playing WR.
    I'm cooling off Benjamin a bit lately. Yeah he's 6'5 240lbs with freakishly long arms and a huge catch radius but his demeanor on the field really bugs me -- he doesn't always run his routes at full speed and he rarely celebrates with his teammates when they score. He's also an inconsistent catcher and often body catches the ball. He'll make those circus catches over defenders, then drop some easy ones. I'm not sure if the work ethic to be great is there for the guy. If he was a high character/work ethic guy with his skill set I'd be more inclined to picking hm at #22, but since it doesn't seem that he is I'd have to pass in the first round. There's too many good WR's in this draft to fall in love with Benjamin's just because of his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    The short area quickness is a bit alarming. He is basically a tight end though.
    That is my concern. We don't need a TE in the 1st. The "ONLY" WR we need to be picking up earlier is a sure fire TO/Moss/Fitz type of true #1. Then a case can be made, but that is still at the expense of the defense. If he is a TE playing WR - it's a slam dunk NO WAY! Go defense, and pickup a WR in the 3rd, or just bring Maclin and Coop back.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktronic View Post
    Thats debatable, a TE is more of a mis-match than a WR because he's generally covered by a non-CB. Hell, in todays NFL, TE's are basically just overgrown WRs who block better anyway.
    You already drafted a young TE to go with a productive veteran. Why would you pickup another TE? And as of now we have a gaping hole at the other WR slot. Can't count on Maclin to be back 100% and Cooper is nothing special.
    Chip is the man!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567