Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Lol, I really need to make a chart of all the people who spew this nonsense. Its truly amazing that people don't understand how good this kid is. Its ok though, he's only 25. He has many years of proving it left in the tank.
    Homer much? Stafford is very average, and makes dumb ass decisions. If he didn't have Calvin Johnson snatching hail mary's every game, and bailing him out, he'd be a bottom 5 QB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeahawk View Post
    Like others have mentioned, Detroit has nice suburbs. Whisenhunt wouldn't have been living on 8 Mile in a home furnished by American Jewelry and Loan.

Good on Whiz for getting more money out of the Titans. The cost for the extra money is that he now gets to take on a three-year rebuilding project, rather than run a team with a stud QB that is ready to win now. I suspect he'll feel differently about this decision after a short time.
    Too be honest, as we know, QB is the most cherished position on a team... If people thought Stafford was a stud, #3 overall QB in the league, I believe the Lions job would've been filled much quicker than it was with bigger named HC's coming out of the woodwork to apply for the job... Maybe the HC position wouldn't have been opened at all if they honestly had the #3 overall QB in the league on the roster... Sorry, I just don't buy it... He and Jay Cutler are one of the same imo... I feel Stafford is one of the more overrated players in the league... But that's jmo...
    Last edited by Anointed One; 01-16-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoKeR View Post
    Homer much? Stafford is very average, and makes dumb ass decisions. If he didn't have Calvin Johnson snatching hail mary's every game, and bailing him out, he'd be a bottom 5 QB in the league.
    Lol, lets not talk about weapons. Stafford could only dream of having a #2 as good as what Rodgers has had as his 3s and 4s. Matt Flynn would complete about 45% of his passes replacing Stafford.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    and in truth I think we already do. Manning's numbers improved quite a bit once Caldwell took over as his QB coach and the man only made 2 SBs, one during Caldwell's short reign. I don't think it should be written off. I'm not exactly sure when it became so easy to coach a team to the SB myself.
    Article on why Caldwell has faced the hate/lack of faith that he has. At least partly why anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/remembe...18644-nfl.html
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Stafford will never be more than slightly above average until he takes some functional coaching. His mechanics are a mess and getting away with his crappy sidearm throws at times only makes it worse because it reinforces bad behavior.

He has been allowed to play the wrong way for way too long IMO.

So you call him average, then say he'd be bottom 5? That makes literally no sense. Plus, he could be throwing to a few high school receivers and still be a vastly better QB than the likes of Geno Smith, Brandon Weeden, Terrelle Pryor, Mike Glennon, Sam Bradford, Matt Schaub, etc. etc.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Perhaps, but if the Lions become a team that habitually makes the playoffs under Caldwell. Than we'll have to reexamine how much credit Caldwell should get.
    Yeah without question. I just meant that in this coming season that if the Lions get in we shouldn't rush to credit Caldwell for the change. But if the Lions go from a undisciplined team of underachievers to a team that consistently makes the playoffs it would be wrong not to give credit to the coach.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
    Do the Detroit Lions play in the same city as Detroit, Michigan? The city that just filed for bankruptcy and has some of the highest crime in the country?
    Red,

Most professional athletes in Detroit (and coaches) don't live in Detroit. They live in the very nice suburbs and rural areas that are 45 minutes away from Detroit.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Also would you rather have an extra million dollars a year or not?
    I heard Nashville did offer $1M more per year, but also it sounds like the Lions were mandating a similar 4-3 defense so as not to blow up their personnel.

I'm not a Staffod homer by any stretch, but the bold part above is retarded.

Stafford has talent that has been poorly groomed, IMO.

I don't know that he'll ever be a pro-bowler but he has the talent to be a top 10 QB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Stafford will never be more than slightly above average until he takes some functional coaching. His mechanics are a mess and getting away with his crappy sidearm throws at times only makes it worse because it reinforces bad behavior.

He has been allowed to play the wrong way for way too long IMO.
    I think this is pretty astute.

FWIW, Caldwell had a heck of an opening presser yesterday and has been dandelling what was a hostile Detroit media on his knee since he arrived.

I don't know how anyone can act like a guy who threw for 42 TDs and 5,000 yards with a 2.4% INT rate is not a special talent. That's 3500 non-Calvin yards for those counting at home. You don't have to love yards as a stat(and I can cite many other ones on Stafford if we want to get into that), but lets not act like Chad Henne might throw for 5K next year because the Jags are down a lot and he has a decent WR or 2.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    FWIW, Caldwell had a heck of an opening presser yesterday and has been dandelling what was a hostile Detroit media on his knee since he arrived.
    Agreed. While technically they mean nothing, I'm glad he made a strong impression. He seems like a guy who commands respect in a locker room.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123