Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelek View Post
    Why if I may ask? Just curious because nobody here seems to be upset we're losing Lazor specifically, more that we're losing our QB coach after our QB had a successful year and the continuity that comes with that. Not saying he won't do well, I wish him the best. I just have no idea what type of offense he plans on running(didn't follow UVA football at all). Not sure if you do, or if you think he's going to bring some of Kelly's fundamentals or what?
    Maybe he's hoping Tannehill will take a huge step forward like Foles under Lazor? I wonder how much influence Lazor had on Foles in the end, I've read things saying Foles is already working on his speed and footwork for next year. Maybe Foles made Lazor? We'll find out soon enough I guess.

I'd also guess he's hoping for a version of Chips offense. I hope he works out for them.

Anything that interfers with the continued development of Foles is a concern to me. The guy looked GREAT, and we have no idea just how much Lazor was a key part of that. Someone new coming in, could have a different idea of things and throw Foles off. Time will tell. I would rather have kept Lazor and not screwed with something working - especially in Foles early development. Oh well - guess we will find out.

I respect Chips mentality of wanting his coaches to find other opportunities as well - but college is a bit different than the NFL as well. Windows do not stay open as long and continuity is a big part of things when they are working. He might need to adjust that thinking, and be willing to do what he needs to to keep a coach too. His opportunities will still be there if we keep winning. He is not hurting someone by keeping them.

I don't Chip will have any trouble attracting another good QB coach, if he wants. Young up and comers and grizzled veteran coaches alike will want to learn the Chip ideology as it's clear it's going to sweep the NFL in the next decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    Young up and comers and grizzled veteran coaches alike will want to learn the Chip ideology as it's clear it's going to sweep the NFL in the next decade or so.
    Famous last words.

With a year of film study to work with the dust bin awaits.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Famous last words.

With a year of film study to work with the dust bin awaits.
    That same dust bin the Cowboys have been residing in since Jimmy Johnson left?

Quote Originally Posted by Avelek View Post
    Why if I may ask?
    Specifically, because of Foles. Less specifically, because I've never had reason to be optimistic about our last OC's.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    Specifically, because of Foles. Less specifically, because I've never had reason to be optimistic about our last OC's.
    From what I've been reading, Sherman did an absolutely terrible job this year. Lined up his players at the same spot 90% of the time. Threw 65% of the time behind a terrible line, to the point that Tannehill was on pace to be the most sacked QB of all time if not for Clabo somewhat turning it on at the end of the year. Also saw that when the Phins snapped the ball Tannehill yelled Go if it was a run and GoGo if it was a pass??!?!!? WTF is that? You might as well be telling them the play. He also had an extremely small amount of playaction calls despite Tannehill having a 118 QB Rating on PA plays.

Lazor should be able to fix this stupidity pretty easily considering he took UVAs offense from last in the conference to back to back top 5 finishes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sy-in-december

Before Week 15 of the 2013 season, Pro Football Focus (subscription required) had Tannehill ranked as the eighth-best quarterback in the NFL based on its rating system.
    He had a great Week 15 and a poor 16 and 17. I don't have the PFF subscription, but he probably finished Top 10 there.

I would be happy as a Fins fan. Good young coach.

But yes, Chip will have a list of coaches willing to join his staff now with a rising young QB and revolutionary offensive scheme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12