LAPD is an absolute mess and an EVIL organization.

http://wearechange.org/l-sheriff-res...ing-fbi-agent/

I mean, how MANY of these reports are we going to see before we realize that something is very, very WRONG with our police departments in America?
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

That's not LAPD - that's the Sheriff's Department. They have always run the central jail and you DON'T play games with them. They are nasty, corrupt, and yes... they can be evil. You just don't want to get busted and do any time in the Men's Central Jail. If you live there have your bail money and send Christmas cards to at least 5 bondsmen. I have read excerpts from guys who have done time ALL OVER AMERICA and to a man they say that LA Men's Central Jail is BAR NONE the worst prison in America.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    That's not LAPD - that's the Sheriff's Department. They have always run the central jail and you DON'T play games with them. They are nasty, corrupt, and yes... they can be evil. You just don't want to get busted and do any time in the Men's Central Jail. If you live there have your bail money and send Christmas cards to at least 5 bondsmen. I have read excerpts from guys who have done time ALL OVER AMERICA and to a man they say that LA Men's Central Jail is BAR NONE the worst prison in America.
    The LAPD is just as bad. There have been a huge number of incidents in the last few years where arresting officers were abusive and reckless with the public.

I would also like to say that these problems are a more glaring example of a greater problem among America's entire Criminal Justice System. The whole system is becoming frighteningly Authoritarian.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    The LAPD is just as bad. There have been a huge number of incidents in the last few years where arresting officers were abusive and reckless with the public.

I would also like to say that these problems are a more glaring example of a greater problem among America's entire Criminal Justice System. The whole system is becoming frighteningly Authoritarian.
    That may be so, but your thread title is LAPD and your article link is LA Sherrif's Department. This means you swung and you whiffed. It's like you thought you kissed Sally but instead you kissed Jim.
    Gang Way!

That may be so, but your thread title is LAPD and your article link is LA Sherrif's Department. This means you swung and you whiffed. It's like you thought you kissed Sally but instead you kissed Jim.
    BAH! Semantics. LAPD/LA-Sheriffs. Cut from the same cloth. My greater point is that our whole Criminal Justice System is getting too hard-core and needs to back off the gas-pedal substantially. People are getting criminal records who shouldn't be and lives are being ruined by these overzealous arrests and prosecutions. This was once only a problem in poor, urban black communities but now that kind of systemic abuse is being rolled out on EVERYONE.

That's not to excuse the abuse when it was targeted on blacks in this country. While black neighborhoods have more crime, it's virtually impossible to debate that many black men have criminal records who aren't real criminals and shouldn't have a record.

Excellent book
    http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-C.../dp/1610392116

Interview with author of Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces
    http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/pol...h-radley-balko
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Not if you paid me, gift-wrapped the money, and had the Manning brothers deliver it wearing nothing but their Super Bowl rings would I put myself in a position where cheesy and I would kiss, even accidentally.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

BAH! Semantics. LAPD/LA-Sheriffs. Cut from the same cloth. My greater point is that our whole Criminal Justice System is getting too hard-core and needs to back off the gas-pedal substantially. People are getting criminal records who shouldn't be and lives are being ruined by these overzealous arrests and prosecutions. This was once only a problem in poor, urban black communities but now that kind of systemic abuse is being rolled out on EVERYONE.

That's not to excuse the abuse when it was targeted on blacks in this country. While black neighborhoods have more crime, it's virtually impossible to debate that many black men have criminal records who aren't real criminals and shouldn't have a record.
    You just go from bad to worse. First your 'semantics' excuse, then you segue into making this a racial issue. I've got news for you: Cops have been flugging EVERYONE over since there have been Cops. Got it? And if you're going to regale us on the corruption and evil of a certain group you ought get the name of the group right.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Not if you paid me, gift-wrapped the money, and had the Manning brothers deliver it wearing nothing but their Super Bowl rings would I put myself in a position where cheesy and I would kiss, even accidentally.
    I guess a reach around is out of the question, Cheeze.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Not if you paid me, gift-wrapped the money, and had the Manning brothers deliver it wearing nothing but their Super Bowl rings
    That's way too much information pertaining to your fantasies, Jim.

I aims to please.

Anyway, here's the breakdown of Rear's conversation with cheezy.

Cheezy: A is horrible! A is nasty! A is evil! (posts article link)

Rear (after actually reading the article): Actually, the article is talking about B, not A.

Cheezy: B, A, same difference!!!!!

I know, I say this a lot, but this is why Cheezy is and stays on Ignore. Arguing with him is like arguing with an answer ball, and, like him, is a complete waste of time.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

I guess a reach around is out of the question, Cheeze.
    Not without latex gloves and a gallon of disinfectant ready. Stupidity is contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Excellent book
    http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-C.../dp/1610392116

Interview with author of Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces
    http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/pol...h-radley-balko
    Radley Balko is great.
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

LAPD is an absolute mess and an EVIL organization.
    tlc try not to get too angry about the Bieber home search by California sheriff's. I know you are a Bieber fan, but he'll get through it, and I don't know if this should mark them as evil.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/14/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t1
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"