Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'll stipulate to "sucks" being an exaggeration if you also stipulate to the fact that "pro bowler" is just as much an exaggeration in the opposite direction

Quote Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
    Well we won 89 games in the last 10 and have been to a SB and the playoffs. They have won 51 in 10 years (no playoffs) and not more than 5 wins in the last 6. I would say we are much more attractive.
    You have to pull a 10 yard stint to get much. Try doing the last 5 years instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    You have to pull a 10 yard stint to get much. Try doing the last 5 years instead.
    Even doing the past 5 years, we've been to the playoffs twice - 2010 and 2013 - so even in our down era we're still above Browns standards - which is not saying much

It sounds like there is not much out there as a long term solution to S. So it's the draft "IF" you consider that one of the most important positions that needs to have a permanent fix this year - instead of just patched/upgraded. Is S really more important than CB, NT and LB right now?

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    Even doing the past 5 years, we've been to the playoffs twice - 2010 and 2013 - so even in our down era we're still above Browns standards - which is not saying much
    I agree with the premise. But it seemed very exaggerated to make the point - then the point gets lost. And as you said, that's not saying much.

It sounds like there is not much out there as a long term solution to S. So it's the draft "IF" you consider that one of the most important positions that needs to have a permanent fix this year - instead of just patched/upgraded. Is S really more important than CB, NT and LB right now?
    Byrd is only 27 and Ward is 26 - they may not be Earl Thomas - but they're still young enough to be considered long-term solutions IMO

You sign one of them, maybe bring back Nate Allen on a cheap deal(he was vastly improved this year regardless of what PFF says) and then draft a safety somewhere in the first few rounds then along with Wolff hopefully continuing to improve/mature you should be okay at the position

I agree with the premise. But it seemed very exaggerated to make the point - then the point gets lost. And as you said, that's not saying much.
    Quit trying to flame. Follow the thread as to where the 10 years started and you'll see why 10 years were compared.

I'm not spending big bucks on a S in free agency. Much rather that money go to a pass rusher like Orakpo. I'm ok with Allen/Wolfe for another year if we add someone like Orakpo or Beasley or maybe even both.

I think the Redskins will franchise Orakpo

It's not a great list of free agents, but we might be able to get some guys like Sam Shields and TJ Ward who would really improve our secondary.

Yeah, I'd say no on Shields

He's too inconsistent for my liking

If we have a shot at Ward or Byrd we have to take that shot....The money we will save on Mike Vick alone will pay for this player.

I'll take Sam Shields no problem. Shouldn't break the bank either.

Like Wings said, if we have a shot at Ward or Byrd we MUST take it, pony up and pay one of those guys!! That fills our biggest need at a key position with a proven stud. Can't pass that up, especially since the Safety draft class is very weak this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    I'm not spending big bucks on a S in free agency. Much rather that money go to a pass rusher like Orakpo. I'm ok with Allen/Wolfe for another year if we add someone like Orakpo or Beasley or maybe even both.
    It's the only way you are getting a safety. We won't win a single playoff game any year if we don't get a real safety or two.

First and second rounds can go either way for me for us to be really good. DE or FS. Cole is brutal. In the Saints game, he couldn't get an inch past a kid that only had three starts. He's finished. I don't care which one goes first. I'll leave that up to Chip.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123