Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    but there is some validity in wanting him re-signed. I definitely have been in the camp of wondering if Rak is worth it, but a team void of talent and one that gets criticized about not keeping home grown talent needs to think hard about keeping Rak. His play improved and he's entering his prime.
    I agree about the some validity/re-signing him part. As for a team void of talent part. That's true to, but the Skins are also a team that has habitually and constantly over-paid under-performing players with sexy names. Moreso with FAs, but the point is still valid imo. As for the criticized for letting homegrown talent walk part. That was guys like Pierce or Clark. They weren't looking to break the bank or even be paid top tier dollars as it related to their position. What they wanted was fair monetary-wise as it related to their performance. If Orakpo is looking for top tier money related to his position. He hasn't earned it nor is he worth it imo.

Dave opined in another thread that I was acting like Cousins was the 4th pick in the draft not a 4th rd pick. That opinion has/had some validity. Now he and others need to stop acting like Orakpo is LT or Reggie White. Or using the "Since we have so little talent, we need to go above and beyond to keep the talent we have." argument. That's just a way to overpay players who aren't worth it. Which drains the cupboards and ensures we won't have enough to pay players who are worth it if one becomes available who actually is. Or just another "cap penalty so we can't pursue Talib" situation.
    Last edited by Breed; 02-05-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

I feel ya Breed. Rak is basically a 10 sack a year guy. There's value in that I think. But I've realized his sacks don't seem to be the Mathis/Quinn type. Both of those guys had 7+ forced fumbles. Rak had none. Time to work on that chop move. So while I wouldn't pay him like he was/is DeMarcus Ware in his prime, I just wouldn't let him walk. The problem is time proves to be a bad way to measure and increase the value of contracts. All it takes is having a contract year later than someone and you can get paid more than them even if production/skill doesn't necessarily call for it. Reports are talks have started, so I think he's going to re-sign.

It would be nice if they could sign him and wrap this up in a hurry.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Mskins View Post
    WR : Danario Alexander. Coming back from a knee injury. Low risk, high reward.
    Get Alexander off the list. He had another ACL surgery in January.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-injured-knee/
    "If it ain't broke don't fix it" @ Daniel Snyder

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345