Bill Belichick smiled 7 times this year: WSJ

Pretty funny:

Watching video of every Patriots postgame news conference from this season, we counted seven incidents where Belichick smiled. This study surveyed 114.5 minutes of footage, so he smiles at a rate of once every 16 minutes—and keep in mind this is a season where New England won 12 games and the AFC East title. Here's a smile-by-smile breakdown:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...trending_now_1

Half those aren't even a smile...

They were generous it seems, and counted smirks.

Damn looks like Belichick likes beating Peyton more than Brady does.

Love the guy! Always 100% business! Could not ever ask for a better football coach......
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Those pictures look seriously Photoshopped.

As an aside, shouldn't this thread be titled "Interesting Factoid Regarding New England?"
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Very disturbing that anyone on this planet would watch 114.5 minutes of Belichick - let alone count the smiles.

I would rather read War and Peace back to back to back, before I'd ever do that... and I'm a Pats fan.

he has a poker face. His monotone drone at required
    press conferences are because he doesn't want to to give an opening to give anything away.

Sure it's over the top, but that's why most people dont like him.

can't speak from personal experience but I have heard many times he's isn't like that at all amongst
    people he knows -- or with the Patriots team.

How many times did Jim Harbaugh smile? Fox? Beuller?
    Last edited by Lester; 01-11-2014 at 06:04 AM.

He's got the new underwear vibrator app!
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Lester View Post
    he has a poker face. His monotone drone at required
    press conferences are because he doesn't want to to give an opening to give anything away.

Sure it's over the top, but that's why most people dont like him.

can't speak from personal experience but I have heard many times he's isn't like that at all amongst
    people he knows -- or with the Patriots team.

How many times did Jim Harbaugh smile? Fox? Beuller?
    I would like to believe he has more personality than this. But I am not so sure.

As for the WSJ having some young kid spent two hours doing this story--it is pretty funny and actually a very clever idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I would like to believe he has more personality than this. But I am not so sure.

As for the WSJ having some young kid spent two hours doing this story--it is pretty funny and actually a very clever idea.
    I can promise you he does in his regular life. I've seen enough offseason bits on him locally to know there is two different BBs. He hangs out with Bon Jovi for crying out loud.
    Picking them off... one at a time!

-(I pity da Q)

It's tough to smile when you know you stole it. Go Colts!

He got a little misty eyed in the interview before the game with Cowher, when Cowher put him up there with the coaching pantheon. Anyone see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post

I was entertained by the article, but if the kid had to watch two hours of Belichick, I hope that it was a paid internship.

Well, he smiled last nite. After that good old fashion @ss whipping they laid on the Colts.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!