Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Still kinda pissed that the lady took advantage of my honesty if she did further break the arm (doubt someone else did between the time I left and the time she showed up..as she texted me 20 mins after I left the note)....
    So you're pissed about something you're not even sure about. Sounds like my wife.

next time I am documenting every damn detail....complete with witnesses and ****...
    Well, under the same circumstances, that would help the judge more quickly decide your full liability.

Sucks, but time to let this one go. and be more careful next time.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

....next time I am documenting every damn detail....complete with witnesses and ****...
    Next time go surfing alone.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Update:

She got back to me with photos of the damage. It looked worse than when I left it (the arm was bent outward). Then after discussing with wifey...I came to the conclusion that I was willing to spend $300....so why haggle over the last $200...and decided to just cough up some money for good karma to off-set bad juju from doing insurance fraud....

So, my insurance is gonna take care of it...and I owe the body shop 500 bucks...

Still kinda pissed that the lady took advantage of my honesty if she did further break the arm (doubt someone else did between the time I left and the time she showed up..as she texted me 20 mins after I left the note)....next time I am documenting every damn detail....complete with witnesses and ****...

I still hope she will get her car side swiped before my agent calls the body shop.....
    Why would she damage it further? You could have either a) taken your own pictures, or b) sat there until the aggrieved party returned to make sure there was no ambiguity and nobody else damaged it further. You elected to do neither, evidently, but it's you who's the victim somehow.

And you want some kind of medal for being honest? What do you get if you weren't?

You know snowboarders are generally loathed on the slopes, and most think they are surfers in the summer.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    So you're pissed about something you're not even sure about. Sounds like my wife.
    I am 100% certain. Actually, 110% since I saw the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Why would she damage it further? You could have either a) taken your own pictures, or b) sat there until the aggrieved party returned to make sure there was no ambiguity and nobody else damaged it further. You elected to do neither, evidently, but it's you who's the victim somehow.

And you want some kind of medal for being honest? What do you get if you weren't?

You know snowboarders are generally loathed on the slopes, and most think they are surfers in the summer.
    She would not damage it further INTENTIONALLY, but likely did by trying to put the cover back on the arm assembly. I knocked the cover off and wifey and I tried to gently put it back on, but decided to not apply pressure at all....then we examined rest of the side of the car for further damage. It is why I didn't bother to document because everything else was intact.

The issue here is that I cannot prove that she broke it further and don't want the hassle all to save an extra $200 anyway.

And snowboarding has taken over the mountains....it is now the skiers who are loathed on the slopes. Get with the times, old timer!
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Snowboarders have taken over, eh? God help us all.

She may have damaged it further, but... you sorta left yourself open for that. This one may indeed fall under the 'no good deed goes unpunished' category. Rest assured if she fouled on this one it will come back on her from the karma fairy. Meanwhile you won't be as trusting in the future. Maybe this is really only prepping your for a major boondoggle ahead that, because of this, you will document fully and avoid.

Do you know anything about her yet? Maybe Daddy or Sugar Daddy bought this vehicle? Remember, those who don't play in reality don't get to stay in it very long.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Snowboarders have taken over, eh? God help us all.

She may have damaged it further, but... you sorta left yourself open for that. This one may indeed fall under the 'no good deed goes unpunished' category. Rest assured if she fouled on this one it will come back on her from the karma fairy. Meanwhile you won't be as trusting in the future. Maybe this is really only prepping your for a major boondoggle ahead that, because of this, you will document fully and avoid.

Do you know anything about her yet? Maybe Daddy or Sugar Daddy bought this vehicle? Remember, those who don't play in reality don't get to stay in it very long.
    That's exactly how I feel about it. And I don't want to further deal with this situation to save only $200. Had I not been insured and it cost $5,000...I'd be digging in my heels for damn sure.

Don't know anything about her other than her name, cell #, the kind of car she drives, the dealership she bought said car at, and she mentioned that her daughter was texting to me at first (using her cell), and that's it.......

But she has been polite via texts. No exclamation points or condescending words or anything like that (except she did specifically mention that her car was one of only 2,500 in the U.S. early on, but can't blame her for saying that if the car cost that much), but I felt like she was hoping I'd relent...which I did in the end.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Well, that leads me to think of two things:

1. She may have done like you and tried to just reattach the cover and she caused the further damage, and then concluded, well, either you had done it or... that's on you anyway because she wouldn't have been fiddling with it had you not damaged the cover. How the karma fairy deals with that is anybody's guess, but she might not be totally in the wrong there.

2. If she is playing foul here as bad as you suspect, one thing the karma fairy will pay her back on is that her daughter (who I assume is young) has learned a rotten lesson from her mother and her mother will pay for it like a game of name that tune, over and over again (which does you no good, nor anybody else in the world but will surely suck for the mother). OR, she isn't doing that because she's wise enough to know that teaching her own daughter such a raunchy lesson is like crapping where you eat. Given that she owns an expensive vehicle, I am prone to giving her the benefit of the doubt... but that might be just the opposite: people who have high-end luxury in their lives are not always fair and respectable. They certainly have a taste for the meaner fair share in their corner and not yours. If it's true that her vehicle is a limited edition maybe she was honestly prepping you for the fact it would cost more.
    Gang Way!

I also had another thought...the mirror could have already been broken all this time and someone else just snapped the cover back in place...then I come along and knock it out and alert the owner to the fact that it's broken (it was not bent outward like it was in the photo when I left, but could have been bent before then bent back into place and the body shop guy noticed it).

You committed insurance fraud and just admitted it here. Good job.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    LOL!!!

I probably should ask Cory to delete this thread.

And google.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    I missed it, how did Hyped commit insurance fraud? He hasn't mentioned what he told his agent, and possibly even his homeowner's policy would cover this? If not his auto? I'm not asking for a confession here from Hyped but an explanation from you on how you've convicted him here?
    Gang Way!

Yesterday, 05:41 PM

That post first paragraph.

Also, Corey, don't delete just yet I have a feeling this thread has more to give for at least another day or two.

After re-assessing the situation, I have a new idea.

Get sh!tfaced drunk and show up at her door at 3am, knocking as loud as you can. When she answers, flip her off and stumble back to your car. Maybe give her the moon at the end of her driveway. Then, call her the next day and ask if you left your wallett in her mailbox.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678