Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Oh FFS. She is the mayor of the town I live in. It's hardly name dropping that I said I knew her.
    What RA is overlooking is probably that a casual acquaintance with a public figure can be more revealing than a casual acquaintance with an ordinary Joe/Jane. Why? Because you have all that public info about them too. I.e., you spend a little time with them, form an opinion as to which parts of their public persona do or don't ring true to form, and then have context for whatever public information does come out later.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    What RA is overlooking is probably that a casual acquaintance with a public figure can be more revealing than a casual acquaintance with an ordinary Joe/Jane. Why? Because you have all that public info about them too. I.e., you spend a little time with them, form an opinion as to which parts of their public persona do or don't ring true to form, and then have context for whatever public information does come out later.
    Or you may think you do when you don't.
    Gang Way!

So the Christie administration sent out an report blasting former Port Authority official David Wildstein. The report attacked Widstein personally including attacks about things he did while in high school.

The report was not well received with most viewing it as petty.

Well wouldn't you know it? Christie never knew about the memo.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...port_says.html
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    So the Christie administration sent out an report blasting former Port Authority official David Wildstein. The report attacked Widstein personally including attacks about things he did while in high school.

The report was not well received with most viewing it as petty.

Well wouldn't you know it? Christie never knew about the memo.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...port_says.html
    He's seeming more and more Presidential every day.
    Gang Way!

TRENTON — The state legislative committee investigating the George Washington Bridge scandal is looking into whether Gov. Chris Christie flew in a State Police helicopter over Fort Lee at the time of last year's controversial lane closures, according to a source with knowledge of the probe.

The source, who is not authorized to speak about the investigation, requested anonymity.

The panel issued a new set of 18 subpoenas today, including one to the New Jersey State Police aviation unit, which oversees the governor's helicopter travel...

the Republican governor has maintained that he did not know about the closings until after they were over and reported in the media.

Colin Reed, a spokesman for Christie's office, confirmed today that the Republican governor did fly in a helicopter from New York City to Trenton on Sept. 11 of last year — the third day of the closures. But asked whether the aircraft passed over the bridge, Reed declined comment.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Christie bridge scandal: Panel looking into whether governor flew in helicopter over Fort Lee

TRENTON — The state legislative committee investigating the George Washington Bridge scandal is looking into whether Gov. Chris Christie flew in a State Police helicopter over Fort Lee at the time of last year's controversial lane closures, according to a source with knowledge of the probe.

The source, who is not authorized to speak about the investigation, requested anonymity.

The panel issued a new set of 18 subpoenas today, including one to the New Jersey State Police aviation unit, which oversees the governor's helicopter travel...

the Republican governor has maintained that he did not know about the closings until after they were over and reported in the media.

Colin Reed, a spokesman for Christie's office, confirmed today that the Republican governor did fly in a helicopter from New York City to Trenton on Sept. 11 of last year — the third day of the closures. But asked whether the aircraft passed over the bridge, Reed declined comment.
    and a one point plan.

Christie seemed to be 'back in his environment' yesterday in Chicago (Raised $1mil). Unless the subpoenas result in his implication, Republicans in general should hug this teddy bear. He can still bring in some coin from the base. The scandal dogging New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie hasn’t noticeably dented his ability to raise money for fellow Republicans.

'The Republican Governors Association announced Tuesday that the group raised $6 million in January, doubling its haul from past Januaries, despite revelations tying the staff of its chairman, Mr. Christie, to a days-long traffic snarl near the George Washington Bridge.

The New Jersey governor collected an additional $1.5 million during a trip to Texas last week, according to RGA spokeswoman Gail Gitcho.

Mr. Christie is in Illinois on Tuesday to raise more money for Republican governors. His itinerary includes a rare public appearance at the Economic Club of Chicago, where he is expected to field questions for the first time in more than a month'
    Last edited by Raid; 02-12-2014 at 02:14 PM.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Christie seemed to be 'back in his environment' yesterday in Chicago. Unless the subpoenas result in his implication, Republicans in general should hug this teddy bear. He can still bring in some coin from the base.
    I'm sure they have some nice bridges in Chicago. it would be a shame if something happened to them.
    and a one point plan.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819