Thread: Mosley! Mosley!

Mosley! Mosley!

We may have to trade up to get him, but if the price isn't too much (say to spot 16) I think we need to make the move. Mosley would bring the intensity this defense has lacked since Dawkins left, and would almost singlehandedly fix our run defense. Future All Pro, STUD. Sure, he doesn't fit an immediate need but at the same time he is a guy we build the defense around. Thoughts?
    Hop on the Nate Allen bandwagon!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2wA1yLsho

And I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but Nate Allen was drafted 37th overall, and Sean Considine used to wear #37. Hmmmmmmm........

I think we can get by with Ryans and maintain some leadership continuity on that side of the ball, while we address the even weaker positions than ILB. Also from a salary management perspective you don't want Kendricks and Mosley coming up for huge contracts that close together.

So with that said, I wouldn't move up for him, but if he happened to still be there at 22 you can definitely pull the trigger and worry about the two things I mentioned above later, because he's gonna be an awesome ILB at this level.

I don`t think it makes sense for the Eagles to move up this year. The reason is they need have multiple needs and sending say a 3rd plus 22 to get to 16 doesnt make much sense. Unless a real stud falls that point. We need so much especially on defense those picks are important

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I don`t think it makes sense for the Eagles to move up this year. The reason is they need have multiple needs and sending say a 3rd plus 22 to get to 16 doesnt make much sense. Unless a real stud falls that point. We need so much especially on defense those picks are important
    I agree with Taz. I love Mosley and if we were a team that was a player or two away I'd say absolutely. However, this draft is fairly deep at positions we need early such as Cb, Wr, DL, so we really are not in a position to trade away our early rd picks.

Mosley seems like a luxury we cannot afford. That said, if the Eagles concluded he was BPA and took him at 22, I would not cry. He could be an All-Pro inside LB IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Mosley seems like a luxury we cannot afford. That said, if the Eagles concluded he was BPA and took him at 22, I would not cry. He could be an All-Pro inside LB IMO.

yeah i mean if he just fell in our lap that is a different story.

Ok, what if we only had to move up to 18 and it only costs a 2nd/3rd NEXT year? Remember, we can fill some of these holes with free agency (CB, S). The finer things in life generally cost more. There are quite a few players I think would all make the majority of us happy if we stayed put, but I for one wouldn't be mad if we moved up to grab a game-changer on defense. Then focus on WR!
    Hop on the Nate Allen bandwagon!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2wA1yLsho

And I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but Nate Allen was drafted 37th overall, and Sean Considine used to wear #37. Hmmmmmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Dawk View Post
    Ok, what if we only had to move up to 18 and it only costs a 2nd/3rd NEXT year? Remember, we can fill some of these holes with free agency (CB, S). The finer things in life generally cost more. There are quite a few players I think would all make the majority of us happy if we stayed put, but I for one wouldn't be mad if we moved up to grab a game-changer on defense. Then focus on WR!
    I'd give up #22 and a 2015 3rd rounder for Mosley no problem….but I highly doubt he will drop to a spot where it would only cost that. This draft is too deep at the positions we need help out to be giving up a 2nd or 3rd. Though I would do it for a 2015 3rd rounder or 2014 4th rounder…but can't give up much more even though I absolutely love Mosley as a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    I'd give up #22 and a 2015 3rd rounder for Mosley no problem….but I highly doubt he will drop to a spot where it would only cost that. This draft is too deep at the positions we need help out to be giving up a 2nd or 3rd. Though I would do it for a 2015 3rd rounder or 2014 4th rounder…but can't give up much more even though I absolutely love Mosley as a prospect.
    Maybe the depth at those positions are REASON to give up say a 3rd this year. We can probably get a talented WR in round 4 after drafting Mosley round 1 and say Randy Gregory round 2. Sure we lose our 3rd, but WR depth will push some talent down to us in 4. There are literally 20+ good WR's this year. Ok, slight exaggeration but still. I know mocks don't mean much, but a few of them have Mosley falling to the Packers, who pick 1 slot ahead of us. Maybe we only need to jump to 20...

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Dawk View Post
    Maybe the depth at those positions are REASON to give up say a 3rd this year. We can probably get a talented WR in round 4 after drafting Mosley round 1 and say Randy Gregory round 2. Sure we lose our 3rd, but WR depth will push some talent down to us in 4. There are literally 20+ good WR's this year. Ok, slight exaggeration but still. I know mocks don't mean much, but a few of them have Mosley falling to the Packers, who pick 1 slot ahead of us. Maybe we only need to jump to 20...
    If we trade our #22 and a 2014 3rd for Mosley I wouldn't be mad, but to me it isn't ideal. If our Eagles do their homework right we can snag a real good player in the 3rd round at an important need position.

Randy Gregory is returning to school btw…Dudes gonna be a top pick next year

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    If we trade our #22 and a 2014 3rd for Mosley I wouldn't be mad, but to me it isn't ideal. If our Eagles do their homework right we can snag a real good player in the 3rd round at an important need position.

Randy Gregory is returning to school btw…Dudes gonna be a top pick next year
    Damn you Randy Gregory!!! :shakefist: