Legitimate cap question:

So I think we all can agree that Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith and Michael Crabtree are key 'core' players and must be kept. But, they will each cost a boat load to keep.

That being said, is it feasible to two keep two MLBers with 7 or 8 million dollar salaries?

I think we will be ok for a few more years because we can backload some of those deals but I don't think it is realistic to have so much money tied up at the position.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

"I'm still waiting for the greatest of all the young QB's to do his thing, but if he doesn't we've been told it wont be his fault"

I'm not gonna pretend I know the cap enough to answer that question but I think those two guys are worth every penny and make our defense what it is.

I'd love to keep all 3 of those guys but have a bad feeling Crabtree may go elsewhere and it sucks because we haven't had much luck with drafting other receivers.

I'm hoping Parag can work some magic here and maybe we get guys to buy into this team thing so much it all gets worked out but that's probably just me being a naive fan who wants this whole team to stay together forever.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith

I think in 2015, with only 2 years left on his deal, Willis could be extended to lower his cap number.

Right now, and especially once Rogers agrees to a paycut or gets released, we are spending next to nothing on our secondary and our DL is very cheap (Ian Williams contract extension was genius and Justin taking the hometown discount).

As long as we don't go nuts overspending on free agents I don't see why we can't hold on to both MLBs. Willis has restructured his deal numerous times in the past and I figure Bowman would be open to doing the same if we had to move money around.

Willis actually comes relatively cheap considering. I expect his next extension will come at a discount as well given he's getting up there and injuries have cost him games of late but it's possible we will wait on him until they decide what to do with Crabtree. Crabtree is important but how much is he really worth? I guess we'll see today. Given the history there he might be a guy we struggle to keep because we're not letting Aldon or Colin walk.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    So I think we all can agree that Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith and Michael Crabtree are key 'core' players and must be kept. But, they will each cost a boat load to keep.

That being said, is it feasible to two keep two MLBers with 7 or 8 million dollar salaries?

I think we will be ok for a few more years because we can backload some of those deals but I don't think it is realistic to have so much money tied up at the position.
    thanks to the new cba niners dont have to sign aldon long term anytime soon, they'll hold him hostage and resign kaep/crabs

May I ask an illegitimate cap question?

Whose cap are you all wearing for this Bowl?
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    May I ask an illegitimate cap question?

Whose cap are you all wearing for this Bowl?
    The red one with OUR 5 rings....AND YOU ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aris View Post
    The red one with OUR 5 rings....AND YOU ?
    I was rooting for the Hawks in this one but I wanted to see a game.

And you may not know this, but as a Cowboy fan I too have enjoyed 5 Super Bowl Victories.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    I was rooting for the Hawks in this one but I wanted to see a game.

And you may not know this, but as a Cowboy fan I too have enjoyed 5 Super Bowl Victories.
    Glad for you.
    Dont think lot of Niners fans will root for the Seahawks in this game...or in any other game, I think.
    Less so after our last game...