The Shermanator is gone

Mixed feelings because 1) Tanney might have to learn a completely new offense, and 2) If Tanney hit Wallace on more 9 routes instead of overthrowing him, the offense looks way better at the end of the season. That's not Sherman's fault.

I think Ryan Tannehill was held back by Mike Sherman for the most part. Ryan Tannehill stunk on those go routes, but that begs the question, why did we keep dialing them up instead of running Wallace on more post or crossing routes? The playcalling was awful. Lots of screen passes to Wallace that lost yards because we couldn't block them. Terrible short yardage playcalling, and a refusal to take advantage of his QB's legs. Never moved receivers around, put Wallace in motion, etc.

I think what seals it for me is that the team did most of its best work in the two minute drill, which is when the QB is running the show. I won't miss Mike Sherman, or his family with zero NFL experience that he brought in to coach the offense.

That said, Sherman was scapegoated, and the biggest problem this team faces is the terrible personnel we have, particularly on the OL. Jeff Ireland needs to be replaced in the worst possible way.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

Ireland gone now, too.

Couple of buddies and I just had a 'Fireland' drinking celebration. What a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.