Lazor, Shurmur reportedly may interview with Redskins about HC position

This is reportedly according to Jason LaCanfora, who does not always have the best track record, so it remains to be seen whether it is true.

Neither would be a crippling loss IMO.

EDIT: it is not Bill Davis, but Bill LAZOR, the QB coach. That is what I get for reading Twitter instead of looking at original report. Mod, please fix if you can.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...-top-candidate
    Last edited by Iggloo; 01-06-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Doesn't hiring Shurmur or Davis to get RG3 some of Chip's schemes/plays seem like the exact dumba$$ move that Snyder would make?

Quote Originally Posted by Avelek View Post
    Doesn't hiring Shurmur or Davis to get RG3 some of Chip's schemes/plays seem like the exact dumba$$ move that Snyder would make?
    LOL it does, when it should be clear that Chip Kelly is the real offensive coordinator in Philly anyway.

But as noted it is Bill Lazor, I messed up original post. Lazor is probably too inexperienced for the job, but he seemed to do well with Foles and might be the bigger loss out of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    LOL it does, when it should be clear that Chip Kelly is the real offensive coordinator in Philly anyway.

But as noted it is Bill Lazor, I messed up original post. Lazor is probably too inexperienced for the job, but he seemed to do well with Foles and might be the bigger loss out of the two.
    I think a lot of Lazor, but he would be a terrible head coach at this stage in his career. Especially with the mess that is the Redskins.

I wouldn't want to lose either. You want everyone to stick around this early in the process.

And yes that seems like a very Snyder thing to do. Try to pluck some of Chip Kelly, when really only doing it one year with him, neither of those guys is ready to take it and run with it. They'd be better off going after the Oregon coach.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    I wouldn't want to lose either. You want everyone to stick around this early in the process.

And yes that seems like a very Snyder thing to do. Try to pluck some of Chip Kelly, when really only doing it one year with him, neither of those guys is ready to take it and run with it. They'd be better off going after the Oregon coach.
    Well they only have like 6 plays in Washington. You have to think that Shurmur could at least double that!

It's more realistic for them to have inteest in Davis as an ass't head coach - defe nse; and Lazor as an OC, for them to work with whoever Danny hires as the HC.

Lazor would be a significant loss. Chip's experience says he's really a (brilliant) run game coordinator with a limited, somewhat simplistic passing attack. I don't think he has the ability to coach a pro-style passing scheme.

Chip would need to hire another badass QB coach with loads of NFL experience.

The Redskins are apparently interviewing EVERYONE just to gather intel for the future even if they're not really interested in them

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    Lazor would be a significant loss. Chip's experience says he's really a (brilliant) run game coordinator with a limited, somewhat simplistic passing attack. I don't think he has the ability to coach a pro-style passing scheme.
    Seriously? LOL.

It seems Lazor worked well with Foles, so I do worry about it. But let's face it, a ton of QB coaches would love to work with Foles and Chip now.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    The Redskins are apparently interviewing EVERYONE just to gather intel for the future even if they're not really interested in them
    Bingo, that is what they are doing