Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Well Utley's having a great start to the year. So Amaro will just use him as an example. What sucks is I love Utley. He's been my favorite player since his UCLA days. I love Mike Trout for the same reason and Pete Rose going back. These are guys who love the game and always go all out. These are goes who give there all to win every game. What sucks about it is I don't want to trade Chase,but he's the one guy other then Cliff Lee of the older crew that you can get a nice piece to the future.
    Fukck that. At least there's something worth watching here. When Utley didn't play opening day I almost left. And after going in and watching that sh!tfest, I knew I should have stayed in the lot drinking and cooking burgers instead.

And maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but please DO NOT make this entire thread just a whole bunch of trading Utley scenarios. We can give you your own thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    And maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but please DO NOT make this entire thread just a whole bunch of trading Utley scenarios. We can give you your own thread for that.
    I think you missed the point. Utley's my favorite player. I don't want to trade him. I was basically just putting out there how the Phillies waited too long to trade there vets and now they have very few Vets worth anything in trade. Which is when I brought up Lee and Utley and then had to defend Utley having any value after a poster said Utley wouldn't bring much back in trade. I'm not going to bring up trade scenerio's for a player I don't want to trade.

However come June I can't say the same about Cliff Lee, Jimmy Rollins, Carlos Rollins, Ryan Howard, AJ Burnett, J. Papelbon, Mike Adams, & maybe Marlon Byrd.

Anyone watching the Phillies? Down 5-1 and against of all things a left handed RP the Phillies stormed back and took the lead on a Dominic Brown 3 run HR. Everyone except Ryan Howard came up big and that includes Tony Gwynn JR who started it all off taking a Walk followed by Rollins & Utley single loading the bases. Howard struck out before Byrd drove in 2 on a single followed by a Brown 3 run blast to take a 6-5 lead.

I'm generally not impressed by the Phillies offense, and even tonight they looked bad, but that was a very impressive inning.

Well as impressive as the phillies inning was they gave it away just as badly. Diekman's one of those pitchers who can look great 1 day and just brutal the next. Sucks because he's one of the RPs I like.

This bullpen is absolutely brutal. We need Adams back fast

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuru View Post
    This bullpen is absolutely brutal. We need Adams back fast
    Adams is done. Can't get it above 87. He is no savior, just another old, washed up veteran on the books for another year.

This bullpen has been trash for 5 years now. **** you Amaro.

Back to back to back homeruns to give a seemingly insurmountable lead to the Braves, the offense mounts the comeback only to see the bullpen botch the game all up again. Pathetic. Amaro has zero aptitude for putting together a bullpen. And you can't have a GM that can't put together a bullpen.

No one said being a Philly fan was easy: classic shot of the crowd reacting to the grand slam last night.

The offense is actually pretty good, and that was the one area I thought we were inexcusably weak. The bullpen can't be catastrophic bad all season long, so I gotta imagine if we keep a top 12 or top 15 offense, we'll be in the wild card race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ridnour View Post
    The offense is actually pretty good, and that was the one area I thought we were inexcusably weak. The bullpen can't be catastrophic bad all season long, so I gotta imagine if we keep a top 12 or top 15 offense, we'll be in the wild card race.
    I agree the offense is better then expected, but Utley isn't going to hit .500 all season and I don't Rollins or Tony Gwynn continues to hit like they've been either. Still with Hamels back in a week they may just have enough offense to hoover near .500 if the bullpen don't blow to many games. I don't see them being in the WC race though with how many good teams are in the central. I don't see them finishing ahead of Washington, Atlanta, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, LA Dodgers, or Arizona. Although 3 of those teams will be division winners so they really just need to get ahead of 5 of those teams.

Here's the bad part if they stay in the race and continue to tease with the WC it will give Amaro an excuse not to once again not trade the teams assets like Cliff Lee, AJ Burnett, R. Hernandez, J. Papelbon, Marlon Byrd, Carlos Ruiz, Jimmy Rollins, or maybe even finding a sucker to take Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ridnour View Post
    The offense is actually pretty good, and that was the one area I thought we were inexcusably weak. The bullpen can't be catastrophic bad all season long,
    Umm yes it can. It's been costing us playoff appearances year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    No one said being a Philly fan was easy: classic shot of the crowd reacting to the grand slam last night.

That's pretty good. Most of us had already left. I heard the radio guys call it.

Wow Oakland can't seem to find a Closer. It's too bad they don't have a dumb GM or we'd be able to pawn Papelbon off on them if we ate some of the money. I doubt even Brad Pitt wants a closer who has lost velocity on his fastball though. ;-)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718