Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looks like Luke Willson was a full practice participant yesterday and is expected to play now. That is amazing.

Looks like the only player missing is KJ Wright who may be back next week if we win this weekend.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

from listening on the radio all week, it seems the Saints defensive backfield is pretty beat up, I'll never underestimate a team, but if they are slowed down by injuries I just can't see them winning here in Seattle.

And if Willson is healthy and Harvin plays, that's two speedy weapons we'll have to help the offense. It ought to be a good day for the Seahawks.

So...does Quinn try to use Smith just like Wright in coverage against that freak of a TE, or do we try something new?
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

I think he mixes it up a bit more, but Smith should be able to stay with Graham, though Brees could throw over Smith much easier than he could Wright.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Since they've been running the ball much more and effectively, what I can see happening is playaction and hitting Graham, but thanks goodness we have the best Saftey tandem in football.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I agree... This is a new game from scratch... The Saints hadn't won a road game in the postseason... They were 0-5 going into yesterday's matchup against the Eagles... We all know what happened - they won their first road game... Anything can happen...
    Yes, "anything can happen" but that's the case in every game for every team. It's not really analysis. I think the 3 pivotal elements of this game that are different from the first meeting:

1) Did the Saints learn enough about our team and the playing environment from the last beat down to make enough adjustments to win this game?

2) If the answer to #1 is yes, then does addition of Percy Harvin represent a tipping point?

3) Without KJ Wright, is there still a viable strategy to hold the passing game in check? He was unbelievable last time vs Graham.

There's some other stuff too, but to me those are the crucial elements in analyzing this game.
    U MAD BRO??

Have fun at the game, 837! Should be an awesome experience.
    You're either continuing to get better, or you're getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sfranfan View Post
    Have fun at the game, 837! Should be an awesome experience.
    Thanks! Been hoping all year that we'd have the opportunity to get a home game. The first playoff game I attended was the divisional game against Washington in 05-06, glad we get another this year. Can't wait.

Last edited by sfranfan; 01-09-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    You're either continuing to get better, or you're getting worse.

LMAO! When does the Saints game start!??

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Looks like Luke Willson was a full practice participant yesterday and is expected to play now. That is amazing.

Looks like the only player missing is KJ Wright who may be back next week if we win this weekend.
    That's great news... His presence alone makes a difference, even if he doesn't catch the ball at all... He has great break away speed for TE so he'll get plenty of attention when he's in the lineup...

Quote Originally Posted by sfranfan View Post
    Thank you for posting those... They were great to watch... This one was the cream of the crop though, imo...

Hawks win 23-15. No exclamation point at the end of that last sentence as that was a putrid victory. No passing offense in the 2nd half at all. Wilson was 1 of 9 at one point in the 2nd half. The Hawk's defense seemed to want to give the game away in the 4th quarter. I think I saw the defense drop 3 ITs in the 4th. How is even possible that you can't hold on to 1? Plus Tate @#$% the onside kick.

Can't see this team advancing to the Super Bowl with this passing offense. The last 5 games the passing offense has been non-existent, except for a OK effort against the Rams in game 16. Wilson has not had much help from his WRs but he has not been playing anything like he did in games 1-12. He was simply awful in the second half today. His accuracy on 3rd down was not good. I think I counted 3 missed open WRs on 3rd down where he threw it behind the WR or short. Every team knows how to easily stall this offense. Put 9-10 men on the line and dare Wilson to beat you. Except for the rare completion, he simply hasn't risen close to the challenge. Again, the WRs play a part in this and watching Harvin go out again, injured, didn't help. You can't expect the defense to bail them out every game.

I don't know what Carroll and Bevell can come up with to turn this passing offense around, and they haven't been able to for the last 5 games, but if they don't do it next week, I think it's over. Even if you get to the Super Bowl, they won't win with this current passing game.

Reason to be concerned no doubt.

But an ugly win is still a win. And this team is built to be succeed, even if we wein ugly.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123