View Poll Results: Who should be the next PSU coach?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • JAMES FRANKLIN

10 55.56%
  • AL GOLDEN

2 11.11%
  • ED ORGERON

2 11.11%
  • JIM TRESSEL

1 5.56%
  • LARRY JOHNSON

2 11.11%
  • PAT FITZGERALD

0 0%
  • PAT NARDUZZI

0 0%
  • DAVID CUTLIFFE

0 0%
  • MIKE MUNCHAK

0 0%
  • GREG SCHIANO

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    I heard the reason Franklin decided to come is he believe he ha a chance to win a championship here at Penn State. I also heard that before Penn State made him any offer they wanted to be sure he wasn't he was willing to be here a while. I'm sure they didn't want him coming for a year and then bolting to the NFL. My guess is that Penn State put assurances into the contract to make it tough for him to leave in the next few seasons at least. They probably did the same thing they had with O'Brien where the had a huge buyout before lowering it for some godforsaken reason. I'm almost willing to bet there's a $10+ million dollar buyout and that Penn State won't lower it for at least 4 or 5 years. No way they make the same mistake twice. Also from all the thing I've heard that was supposedly said by Franklin it sorta makes me feel like he isn't in a hurry to go to the NFL and really want to win an NCAA Championship

Let me tell you if he comes here and turns Penn State back into a national power people won't car O'Brien left.
    5M the first 2 years and drops to 2.5M and even goes to 1M in 2017.

Good thing you didn't take any bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stat Quo View Post

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefoo...issecting.html

Good for both sides, what i want to see now is franklin getting his own recruiting helocopter like sumlin has at Texas A&M and him putting pressure on OSU by recruiting in ohio, michigan and protecting our pa,nc,ga and Md pipelines. He has been dipping in CAs pool for years and had some guys from FLA and tenn fall in love with the guy. If we can add a few vandy recruits and keep our own commits (means keeping lj sr) we could dominate the big ten before we even are bowl eligible again im pumped about this guy. Sad to see O'Brien go, but this actually may be an upgrade.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

Quote Originally Posted by Stat Quo View Post

That's a mistake by Penn State. They would have been better of paying him more per year with a higher buyout then the $4.5 per season with only a $5 million dollar buyout. Penn State needs some stability and a coach willing to stay 4 or 5 years at least. $5 million isn't about to deter any coach from leaving early.

Franklin had already flipped 2 of is Vanderbilt recruits by Saturday night. He brought over Two 3 Star players in TE Chance Sorrell who will actually be playing OT and DE Lloyd Tubman. I don't know much or really anything about either of these guys.

I think what really needs to happen is Franklin not losing any of the current players or any of the current recruits that already committed before O'Brien left. Losing any of those players would be setbacks the team can't afford.

Michigan and Ohio State need to stop kicking our butts in Northeast recruiting, no doubt, but Rutgers and Temple have occasionally stolen 3- and 4-star guys from PA and NJ.

We also haven't done well in Western Pennsylvania either which is a crime. No way we should losing those players to Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and West Virginia. That was something Franklin said.

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30901...to-Texas/page3

Some PSU bashing on page 3 for those of you that want to be offended.

Everybody thank Q.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910