Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Incidentally, tyke, it's nice to be able to discuss such potentially inflammatory topics in a civil and respectful way. KFFL could use more light, and less heat.

Something my wife and I have talked about a fair amount:

Dogs seem much more altruistic and moral than cats. Cats are sociopaths.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-9 View Post
    Incidentally, tyke, it's nice to be able to discuss such potentially inflammatory topics in a civil and respectful way. KFFL could use more light, and less heat.
    I agree. But I've always had respect for you, which is why I'm not offended by your questions or your atheism/agnosticism. We're all different. If we can't learn to live with our difference, we might as well vacate this forum or vacate America.

Having said that, I may address your post later. I just have to feel up to it given other things (video tape editing) I have to do. I'm trying not to spend as much time on this forum as I have in previous years. I'm trying to get on with my life. I have a lot of other things I want to accomplish, but some topics just attract me.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    I agree. But I've always had respect for you, which is why I'm not offended by your questions or your atheism/agnosticism. We're all different. If we can't learn to live with our difference, we might as well vacate this forum or vacate America.

Having said that, I may address your post later. I just have to feel up to it given other things (video tape editing) I have to do. I'm trying not to spend as much time on this forum as I have in previous years. I'm trying to get on with my life. I have a lot of other things I want to accomplish, but some topics just attract me.
    I hear you. And I know exactly what you mean. Get on with that life thing. This place will always be here. Peace out.

(video tape editing)
    Welcome to the dark side Tyke.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Welcome to the dark side Tyke.

I told the parents of my son's baseball team I would make a highlight tape of last year's baseball season. I have several DVDs to edit. But near the end of the season, I used Sony DVD, and Sony encrypts its DVDs with a device that blocks you from editing them - even though you're trying to edit the DVD you made.

Our trip to Disney, which includes games we played, I recorded on Sony DVDs. So I need to find a video program which allows me to copy my finalized DVD so I can edit the copy, bypassing the Sony DVD (if any of that makes sense).

I've created about 132 video clips, so I have more than enough for the video. I do want to include the Disney games, though. I hope to be finish with this by the end of the month.

By the way, CHF, how much do you think I should charge? How much does a 30-minute baseball highlight tape go for, including labor? I likely won't charge as much as I could get, but I do want a ball park (pardon the pun) figure to offer.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

I told the parents of my son's baseball team I would make a highlight tape of last year's baseball season. I have several DVDs to edit. But near the end of the season, I used Sony DVD, and Sony encrypts its DVDs with a device that blocks you from editing them - even though you're trying to edit the DVD you made.

Our trip to Disney, which includes games we played, I recorded on Sony DVDs. So I need to find a video program which allows me to copy my finalized DVD so I can edit the copy, bypassing the Sony DVD (if any of that makes sense).

I've created about 132 video clips, so I have more than enough for the video. I do want to include the Disney games, though. I hope to be finish with this by the end of the month.

By the way, CHF, how much do you think I should charge? How much does a 30-minute baseball highlight tape go for, including labor? I likely won't charge as much as I could get, but I do want a ball park (pardon the pun) figure to offer.
    Kind of a tough call on the cost. I do some of that for friends who have kids who play sports. I get them to buy me a go-pro camera or something like that, but end up charging them WAY less than it'd cost them to pay me my hourly rate.

Those kind of videos are time intensive, and you're never going to make your acutal money back (in time). Something to cover the costs of producing it and make you feel like you're not getting bent over.

And if you charge too much, some parents (and their kids) won't buy them.

--

As for the DVD files, there's various programs that you can use to bring in video and transcode it.

I use http://www.roxio.com/enc/products/to...FcKDQgodYmEAVQ
    to work with DVD's.

There's some free programs too. I use a program called MPEG streamclip that works pretty good. Dunno how it does with DVD files specifically, but it or something else should work if you do some research and don't want to pony up for something like 'toast.'

http://www.squared5.com/

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Thanks, CHF.

You're right about the price. If you price too high, some parents won't buy it, then they'll ask their friends to burn them a copy of the one they bought. I experienced that when I was doing football videos.

Thanks, CHF.

You're right about the price. If you price too high, some parents won't buy it, then they'll ask their friends to burn them a copy of the one they bought. I experienced that when I was doing football videos.
    The downside of the digital age.

Some first-hand experience with the joys o' piracy. :)

--

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132