Thread: Its Over

Its Over

A bizarre season ends in bizarre fashion. Steelers come from nowhere in the last month of the season and with the slimmest possible margin of error, come within a missed FG and a blown call in OT of making the playoffs.

Hard to be too outraged when we basically dug our own grave by starting the season so poorly. Fat Andy didn't do us any favors by playing his scrubs all game but any team that sh!ts in their own food bowl as badly as the Steelers did doesn't really deserve to get all the breaks on the final Sunday of the season.

That was torturously close, tho. That sucked.
    Gang Way!

With losses to Oakland, Minnesota, Baltimore, & Miami we have no one to blame, but ourselves. That being said we can blame the Succup and the Refs in the SD/C game. First Succup shouldn't have missed that 41 yard GW FG attempt, but even after he missed there should have been a penalty called on SD for overloading on defense. The league announced after the game that a mistake was made and the refs missed the penalty call. The league announcing that only made it worse because the Refs screwed us during the fake punt in OT where it was either a fumble TD return or a turn over on downs by SD. The K player took the ball well short of the 1st down marker and if the play was dead prior to that then SD was short on the fake attempt. Either way KC should have either won on the TD or had the ball in SD territory. Like I said we are mainly to blame for losing against some piss poor teams, but the Refs today didn't give us any chance at all.

I also saw the article on the overloaded line on the FG attempt. Again, as we have stated, it's basically our own fault we're not in the playoffs and no-one else (including Fat Andy Reid) in the NFL owes us a damn thing but how can the refs repeatedly blow those types of calls in close games? You've got a guy back there looking right at it and it was pretty damn obvious. When the league office docks us a draft pick for Tomlin's brain freeze in Baltimore, I think I'd send them a copy of that GIF.