Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Using firefox and kaspersky is throwin "attack page" errors at me every time. Crank the settings up, run a scan and clicked ignore. :)
    A man like Emery doesn't need a search firm. He is the search firm. - Jon Greenberg.

As for the handshake on the bet.....don't do it, PSU, the McCown "I need to spend time with my family" is code for "I want more money."
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmagic View Post
    Honestly, with Emery's known diligence and THOROUGHLY thinking things through and a healthy dose of some refreshing common sense], I can't but know there is NO WAY....Emery pays Cutler....NO WAY! Best case scenario....is we franchise him for one year....or franchise him...and trade him away. Mark my words....HE WON'T SIGN HIM FOR A MAX DEAL....NO WAY !!!

P.S. I'm as sure as my pick on Jeffery before the draft.
    So, about that...

Honestly, with Emery's known diligence and THOROUGHLY thinking things through and a healthy dose of some refreshing common sense], I can't but know there is NO WAY....Emery pays Cutler....NO WAY! Best case scenario....is we franchise him for one year....or franchise him...and trade him away. Mark my words....HE WON'T SIGN HIM FOR A MAX DEAL....NO WAY !!!

P.S. I'm as sure as my pick on Jeffery before the draft.
    Absolutely none. !!!!!

It wasn't a MAX DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by Bowsk View Post
    It wasn't a MAX DEAL
    Partly because Cutler doesn't play for the Bulls. Jeezus Croesus....
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

After you talk about the hole in her nipple, where do you go with it? You’ve got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill View Post
    So, about that...
    Actually, I humbly stand corrected and I was misguided by this simple fact: Emery must still see a way where he can pay Cutler this money and still rebuild the defense with more limited funds. My only guess is the way the contract was structured.

Money-wise [technically] we basically gave Cutler 3 consecutive franchise deals ($18mill/year x 3 years = $54 mill/guaranteed). My sense is Emery found a way to spread the guaranteed money over 7 years and somehow [financially] he can rebuild a terrible defense in a reasonable time. I simply just don't see how he is going to do this.

I could be wrong on this [like I was on my prediction]....but [financially speaking] Emery must see how he can rebuild this defense quickly and effectively with lesser funds that could have been saved with McCown and drafting a QB in the draft. Financially speaking...Emery must see a creative way to do this and I'm still cannot [like many others locally and nationally] see how he is going to do this.
    Last edited by Bearmagic; 01-03-2014 at 07:28 AM.

So, about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by brantcruz50 View Post
    Absolutely none. !!!!!
    Too funny!!
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me. ........
    .......................Best Green Bay quote ever: "We'll never forget you, Brent." .......

Actually, I humbly stand corrected and I was misguided by this simple fact: Emery must still see a way where he can pay Cutler this money and still rebuild the defense with more limited funds. My only guess is the way the contract was structured.

Money-wise [technically] we basically gave Cutler 3 consecutive franchise deals ($18mill/year x 3 years = $54 mill/guaranteed). My sense is Emery found a way to spread the guaranteed money over 7 years and somehow [financially] he can rebuild a terrible defense in a reasonable time. I simply just don't see how he is going to do this.

I could be wrong on this [like I was on my prediction]....but [financially speaking] Emery must see how he can rebuild this defense quickly and effectively with lesser funds that could have been saved with McCown and drafting a QB in the draft. Financially speaking...Emery must see a creative way to do this and I'm still cannot [like many others locally and nationally] see how he is going to do this.
    You're an honorable man BM.

I am looking forward to seeing how the deal is structured. Best (but highly unlikely) case would be no signing bonus, and the first 3 years of the deal are all guaranteed at ~ $16, $18, and $20 million. That would be a home-town discount IMO, given we'd be looking at the final 4 years as market-value for a high-end QB, but none of that money guaranteed. There are about a thousand different specific structuring scenarios though, so won't speculate any further until we know more.

But the one thing for certain is Emery and Trestman decised that Cutler was materially better than his other options when it comes to the most important position on the field. Because no matter how this was structured, the financial difference between Cutler and McCown/a first round QB means ~ 2 less very good defensive free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by brantcruz50 View Post
    You're an honorable man BM.

I am looking forward to seeing how the deal is structured. Best (but highly unlikely) case would be no signing bonus, and the first 3 years of the deal are all guaranteed at ~ $16, $18, and $20 million. That would be a home-town discount IMO, given we'd be looking at the final 4 years as market-value for a high-end QB, but none of that money guaranteed. There are about a thousand different specific structuring scenarios though, so won't speculate any further until we know more.

But the one thing for certain is Emery and Trestman decised that Cutler was materially better than his other options when it comes to the most important position on the field. Because no matter how this was structured, the financial difference between Cutler and McCown/a first round QB means ~ 2 less very good defensive free agents.
    Good point Brantcruz !!!!

Maybe "Max Deal" means "the most expensive player in the NFL"

...because in 2014, he is

http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-c...ary-cap-2014-1
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Maybe "Max Deal" means "the most expensive player in the NFL"

...because in 2014, he is

http://www.businessinsider.com/jay-c...ary-cap-2014-1
    Which is almost certainly a conscious decision on Emery and Stein's part to leverage our current cap space, no?

Which is almost certainly a conscious decision on Emery and Stein's part to leverage our current cap space, no?
    No "almost" about it.

I've also outlined why it was more than likely structured this way (Alshon and Marshall will need new deals in the next two years) but 'omg jay cutler is overpaid!!'

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345