Best Team To Not Win The Super Bowl

With the playoffs just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to start talking Super Bowl ...

What was the best single-season team to NOT win a Super Bowl ??

I going with the 1998 Minnesota Vikings ... Randall Cunningham, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, etc were a scary offense - up until that point, they were the most prolific in NFL history ...

The team went 15-1 under Dennis Green, and had Anderson made one FG, they would have advanced to what might have been the greatest Super Bowl of all-time vs our Broncos ...

I remember being extremely relieved that the Falcons upset them - but now, I feel disappointed, as that game would have probably been a classic ....
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

I don't remember which year/season but one year the Chargers had a team that really should have won it. The Raiders think they should have won it the Immaculate Reception year. The Pats can lay a claim during their undefeated run.

Of course, NOBODY thought the Jets would be the Colts except Namath.
    Gang Way!

Gotta be the undefeated patriots the year they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

96 Broncos were the best Bronco team that didn't win the Super Bowl

Without a doubt.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

The year Buffalo lost to the Giants?

07' pats.

The 98 Vikings would be #1 on my list, I thought they were a lock to win the Superbowl that year, I remember the spread being -2 1/2 but I don't know if Denver or Minny would have been the favorites. I think their offense is arguably the best ever.

07 Pats could be #1, the defense gave up one of the greatest plays in Superbowl history, if your Superbowl hinges on a spectacularly absurd play you probably deserve a Championship.

96 Bronco's, uh gross. Thank God we won the following year. I thought the Pack were a sure fire winner, but the way the Pats went toe to toe with them, Denver had a legit shot.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Vikes, Pats and Broncos are my top 3.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Interesting nobody has mentioned the 2012 Broncos . . .
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    Interesting nobody has mentioned the 2012 Broncos . . .
    They weren't nearly as good as any of those three teams, and in fact, might have been better than this year's team given the injuries on defense.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Gotta be the undefeated patriots the year they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl
    I don't know how you can argue against this team. The vikes are an easy 2nd with either the San Diego team (81, I believe), the 69 Colts, and one of those poor Bills teams round out the top 5, imo.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

It's a shame with the 1988 Eagles - they were loaded of defense - Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Eric Allen, Seth Joyner, Clyde Simmons - and of course Randall Cunningham and Cris Carter on offense ...

They lost to the Bears in the Fog Bowl which was a total anomaly
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem