Post Robbie Gould extended

Robbie Gould just got extended. 4-years, $15M, $9M guaranteed.

That's some big dough for a PK. But he's worth every penny.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Good news and money well spent.

Is it strange to anyone else that he is the first to get a contract extension?
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Good news and money well spent.

Is it strange to anyone else that he is the first to get a contract extension?
    Not strange to me, exactly. Just sad that the only obvious re-signing is the kicker.

That said, damn straight this is good news. Knowing that in every home game and at the very least one up in GB our kicker is better than their kicker is a huge edge...when the other 52 guys show up.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

After you talk about the hole in her nipple, where do you go with it? You’ve got nothing.

This tells me that the franchise tag is a real possibility for Cutler. I was thinking that tagging Gould was a real possibility. Now they don't need to.

A little perspective: figuring the entire value of the contract, this is a $820,000/year bump for Gould over his previous contract. Moves him from 8th to 2nd in the league against 2013 contract-average salaries. And guys like Nick Folk and Stephen Hauschka are FAs in 2014 and will get theirs, too.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

After you talk about the hole in her nipple, where do you go with it? You’ve got nothing.

In other news beers, parking, brats and tix have increased to pay for the kicker's salary. Until we can figure out how to create a pay-TP dispenser stadium guests are now expected to BYOTP.
    Gang Way!

Great kicker and even better guy. Good deal.

I know the bears didn't have much cap room left this year, but I wonder if they were able to use this years cap to help this deal get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwill View Post
    This tells me that the franchise tag is a real possibility for Cutler. I was thinking that tagging Gould was a real possibility. Now they don't need to.
    Good point!
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Tony Fiametta gets a two year extension.

Now the picture is getting clearer where we're going....Robbie Gould and Tony Fiametta.

I thought they would franchise Fiametta, but they must be saving it for Cutler.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Heh. Seriously, though, why not use a bit of this year's cap to retain a guy whose salary might not even affect next year's cap total?

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    A little perspective: figuring the entire value of the contract, this is a $820,000/year bump for Gould over his previous contract. Moves him from 8th to 2nd in the league against 2013 contract-average salaries. And guys like Nick Folk and Stephen Hauschka are FAs in 2014 and will get theirs, too.
    Yes, but I think the burning question we're all still concerned with is:

Will Robbie's poor children finally have enough to eat??
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Tony Fiametta gets a two year extension.

Now the picture is getting clearer where we're going....Robbie Gould and Tony Fiametta.

I thought they would franchise Fiametta, but they must be saving it for Cutler.
    Multiple kickers have been tagged in the past few years. It was a valid observation. No reason to mock.

It looks like Emery is already looking to 2014. Let's not hope the roster is doing the same against Green Bay today.

I love the Gould signing. He was most likely going to be franchised (IMO) given the tag number for kickers.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!