Thread: Salary Cap

Salary Cap

I know our salary cap situation isn't great, but any chance if we cut Woodley and by making other moves whether it be restructuring and resigning a player like Worilds that well have any money to sign anyone decent? Reason I'm asking is I seen a list of 2014 FAs and while a number of names popped up that would help us such as Brandon Albert I know we'd have no chance at signing him. Another player that popped up that I believe would be a perfect fit and just what we need is Eric Decker. Decker is the big Receiver we've needed and exactly what we need opposite Brown. He'd help in the RZ and he's still very young at only 26 years old. Signing him would allow us to use Wheaton in the slot and we wouldn't have to worry about finding a WR in the draft. I'm sure we won't have the cap space as we never do for some reason, but I figured can't hurt to hope we had a little free space.

The Steelers would have to out pay the Broncos to get him to leave Manning. Not sure what their cap looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heinz Ward View Post
    The Steelers would have to out pay the Broncos to get him to leave Manning. Not sure what their cap looks like.
    He's a FA and with the defensive needs Denver has they likely won't be able to retain him.