Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Lot's of people there who were visitors or there for just that game and uniformed about crowd noise when on O.

Seemed as if the 12th man was off the mark a tad as a result, much like RW the last few games.

The Cards beat the Hawks in our house and played a game that allowed them to stay close all game and the Seahawks simply couldn't beat them on O.

The Hawks lost the TOP battle and were beat on ST and on each other phase of the game. They protected Palmer reasonably well and a lot better than the Hawks protected RW.

I was bummed by the result and am nursing a poor voice today made worse by the reality that the team seems unable to finish things off to seize the division.

Maybe SF will lose tonight and I'll be really happy?
    If you're not mad as hell you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Meant to ask you, 837, how was the fan atmosphere at the game. It didn't seem to hold a candle to either the 49ers or Saints games, when I could feel the 12th man through my TV. Is that just a day game vs night game thing, or do you think people weren't up as much for a game most assumed we'd win easily?
    Usually my voice just goes into the "common noise" and I can barely even hear myself. Yesterday there were several times where I could hear myself clearly and no one else was giving it much effort.

Like jammer said, probably a lot of first-timers and "Christmas gifts", but yeah, not the 12th man's best showing.

With the way our offense has been playing, i'm concerned about the Rams... We only had 7 (1st) downs against them earlier this season - the Rams had 23... Offensively, it was our 2nd worst output of the season... We were sacked 7x's... One thing that will help us is the fact that Chris Long may be done for the season...

I'm basically at the stance that if we can't beat the Rams (who are a very solid team) at home, then frankly we deserve whatever playoff slot we get. We would have had 3 chances to basically close this out for HFA and didn't get it done when it truly mattered. Simple as that.
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Relax my brothers, the Hawks will prevail, this L @ home will cause the boys to be even more focused and ready this coming Sunday. At this stage any combination of a 1/2 game gives the team the division and the 1st seed. maybe SF will lose or tie tonight and the worry will be over.

Refuse to allow negativity to take over any portion of your thinking.
    If you're not mad as hell you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Relax my brothers, the Hawks will prevail, this L @ home will cause the boys to be even more focused and ready this coming Sunday. At this stage any combination of a 1/2 game gives the team the division and the 1st seed. maybe SF will lose or tie tonight and the worry will be over.

Refuse to allow negativity to take over any portion of your thinking.
    LOL... I get what you're saying but some of it's not just negativity, it's reality... Reality is our offense has been struggling the past 3 out of 4 games and we haven't figured it out yet... It keeps getting worse...

We have had 9 TO's the past two games and have come away with only 33 points... That's just horrible...

I'm not losing faith but the faith I did have in this team is definitely not as strong as it was 4 games ago or so...

If a company's stock is on a decline the past 4 weeks, wouldn't people begin to lose a little faith in the company? No different here... I love the Hawks... I'm one of their biggest fans (my wife and family can attest to that) - I bleed blue but I don't wear the glasses...

As of now, I believe SF is the team to beat in the NFC... And I HOPE SF get's the snot kicked out of them tonight so I can eat those words....
    Last edited by Anointed One; 12-24-2013 at 01:39 AM.

What do the Hawks do with the Kick Returner? We all know that Turbin was benched due to his fumble... With our WR position thin already, can we afford putting Baldwin out there to receive kicks? Christine Michael was suited up last week for his first time in a while... I wonder if they give him a shot at returning kicks... I wish we'd give him more carries because this offense needs a game changer desperately...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I'm not losing faith but the faith I did have in this team is definitely not as strong as it was 4 games ago or so...
    Don't mean to be a jerk here, but doesn't "not as strong as it was" represent a loss of faith to some degree?

I'm not worried about the defense next week, but the offense needs to show and show up early. That will get the fans more into the game as well. Hard to cheer when your punter is seeing more action than anyone else. You've got to believe the Rams are licking their chops after watching this pathetic effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfan View Post
    Don't mean to be a jerk here, but doesn't "not as strong as it was" represent a loss of faith to some degree?.
    Yes it does... So my faith us definitely waning...

What do the Hawks do with the Kick Returner? We all know that Turbin was benched due to his fumble... With our WR position thin already, can we afford putting Baldwin out there to receive kicks? Christine Michael was suited up last week for his first time in a while... I wonder if they give him a shot at returning kicks... I wish we'd give him more carries because this offense needs a game changer desperately...
    IIRC Thurmond and Lane returned some kicks in the pre-season. There is no way Turbin should be doing it.

I want Baldwin. He looked very explosive.

I still think Michael would be interesting, but I could also see him trying to do too much. Need a proven, smart player back there, which is why I like Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I want Baldwin. He looked very explosive.

I still think Michael would be interesting, but I could also see him trying to do too much. Need a proven, smart player back there, which is why I like Baldwin.
    I like Baldwin too but if he get's hurt returning kicks, what would our receiving corp be like?

I like Baldwin too but if he get's hurt returning kicks, what would our receiving corp be like?
    Pretty terrible.

A lot of admiration goes to the Cardinals. They played a he11 of a good game. I just love the fact that we play in a very good division. Increases the entertainment value 10 fold
    You can't be the best unless you can beat the best

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456