Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    You want to convert an outdoor sport into an indoor sport. We get it.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Point wasn't made this weekend Q... All 3 outdoor games were played at a high level... 2 of them were closely contested... And the "warm weather/dome" teams all won... So much for the advantage you were afraid of...
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

No they weren't you saw the QBs struggle badly in the cold throwing the ball, including Brees and Keap. It caused a huge affect on the game.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Record crowd at Lambeau.

In short, real football 1, pantywaists 0.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-record-crowd/
    Last edited by Iggloo; 01-06-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Why do people have to go extreme when making examples instead of just looking at what is being proposed? Nobody has said the game should be played indoors entirely. What has been said is that when extreme weather hits like the arctic blast in GB, the monsoon in Carolina a few weeks ago, or the ridiculous field conditions in Philly during the snow game, a retractable roof stadium makes a lot of sense. I have no problem with playing the game outside, even if they weather is less than ideal. What I hate to see is games affected by extreme weather that takes away from the quality and ability of teams to play at a high level.

If I asked everyone what they thought the best game of the weekend was, I'm guessing the unanimous answer would be the Colts/Chiefs game and I would agree with that. Tons of plays and offense, excitement from start to finish. Problem is you would never get a game like that in bad weather conditions. You get what we saw in GB which was both teams struggling for long periods on offense and one of the best QB's in the game finishing with 177 yards passing. The Niner defense is pretty good, but it's not that good. That is weather affecting the teams. I'd also guess it was miserable experience for the fans in the stands who had sit there and freeze for 4 hours. If you have a retractable roof, that game is just as good or better with both teams being able to play at their highest level which they couldn't do in the cold.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415