Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brh View Post
    It's just amazing that the Bears are in this position. I thought they were dead in the water a few weeks ago, but I guess I should know better than to underestimate Detroit's ability to **** the bed.
    I had the exact same thought last week.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

I think the bears can beat Philly if they can get out ahead quickly and get one or two stops on D.

GB is the one that scares me, what a time for JC to get over his GB jinx

Quote Originally Posted by brh View Post
    It's just amazing that the Bears are in this position. I thought they were dead in the water a few weeks ago, but I guess I should know better than to underestimate Detroit's ability to **** the bed.
    I never doubted them. I've been telling friends for weeks that although our playoff chances didn't look good, they were still a very real possibility because only Detroit stood in front of us.

Go Bears!

J
    Never bet on a Bears coaching decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jamus34 View Post
    Unfortunately I think the Iggles are smarter than Dallas....Dallas stopped running the ball against two of the worst run D's in the league...not smart.

McCoy can easily put up 200 yds on us if Briggs is out again...even with him back Shady can probably easily eclipse 125.

The key will be similar to the 1st half of the Dallas game...can our passing offense keep pace with Phily's rushing offense.
    Agree. I think they are smarter. Of course I would've said that about us vs. MN when we throw for over 300 in 3 quarters.

It's tough matchups and the turds we've layed against Mn, Wash, Det and St.Louis loom large because they're the reason we have no room for error. But at the same time these are very winnable games.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

Philly won't have as much to play for against the bears, their big game is the following week against Dallas. If fact there's a rumor that they may rest some starters this week...

Yes. If Jay struggles again vs. GB, time to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggix View Post
    I think the bears can beat Philly if they can get out ahead quickly and get one or two stops on D.

GB is the one that scares me, what a time for JC to get over his GB jinx
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

No- their coach outright disputed that yesterday.
    Philly won't have as much to play for against the bears, their big game is the following week against Dallas. If fact there's a rumor that they may rest some starters this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Aube View Post
    No- their coach outright disputed that yesterday.
    How many times over the years have we seen a HC say that then pull the starters? Idk what they are going to do, part of me wants them to play the starters and force the Bears to win with no excuses...

No coach will rest their starters unless it's the last game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aube View Post
    No coach will rest their starters unless it's the last game of the year.
    What if the last game of the year is more important than the next to last game of the year?

It is possible that come Sunday night that neither the Bears or the Eagles have anything to gain by winning.

How many times over the years have we seen a HC say that then pull the starters? Idk what they are going to do, part of me wants them to play the starters and force the Bears to win with no excuses...
    Except the game is pretty much irrelevant.

Odds are the Lions won't win out.

Odds are ALSO that GB beats Pittsburgh.

And so, whether the Bears take care of Philly or not, they need to beat GB after Christmas.

Idk Pitt has been playing better as of late and I don't think Rodgers is playing this week...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12