Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I have no idea why someone who calls himself a Redskins fan would continue to call our QB "Bob". OK so he is not on board with Griff, that's fine. But as Breed pointed out this name was famously coined by a division rival and was clearly used to disrespect. Once respect was earned the name was dropped by the opponent. Why it would continue with a "fan" is beyond me.
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 12-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin Nation View Post
    To be honest, it was probably more of my dislike for JC and just wanting to "get someone else" in there.
    In other words you don't like QBs who are black, the pattern is clear now.

OK just kidding. Your comment is exactly the way I felt about Shanny. He appeared to be so much better than what we had before, that's why I got so onboard. So I get this.
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 12-20-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta View Post
    Not only that but RGIII put up 3,200 in his first two seasons and probably would have broken 3,600 to 3,800 this year if Shanny hadn't benched him. Seeing how bad the defenses are in these last 3 games he might have had a shot at 4,000.

Vick never even sniffed 3,500 yards. Vick only broke 3,000 yards twice in his career. In 2011, he had 3,303 yards and in 2010, he had 3,018. He was hurt in those years so he might have had more. The point, though, is simple. Vick was rarely over 3,000 yards in his 11 years while Grif did it in his first two years while being injured and missing games last year and while being benched.
    I didn't know Vick was even a QB. Sad that people have to compare their QB with Michael Vick to show success.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
    When was the last time Micheal Vick threw 5 interceptions for an entire season as Griff did last year? When did Michael Vick ever finish with a passer rating of better than 102.4? I'll help you out: Never and, um, never. Vick's had one good passing season in 12 with a career passer rating of 80. Even with this year's disaster as he was obviously hobbled and surrounded by clowns Robert Griffin III's career passer rating is 11 pts higher than you boy Vick.

Other than that little detail they are EXACTLY the same player.
    Vick? Really? You want to prop up your QB by comparing him to....... Vick? Wow, dat sad.
    I promise I won't do it again

he didn't start the Vick comparisons....WIZ did.

Raider: You need to keep up if you are going to post with the big boys. Rasta and I were just responded to Take A Wiz who was clearly trying to compare Griff to Vick when he referred to him as a QB "running around".
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 12-20-2013 at 07:56 PM.

What's funny is that WIZ keeps drafting RGIII in fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    What's funny is that WIZ keeps drafting RGIII in fantasy.

Breed loves to talk about fantasy football

I have no idea why someone who calls himself a Redskins fan would continue to call our QB "Bob". OK so he is not on board with Griff, that's fine. But as Breed pointed out this name was famously coined by a division rival and was clearly used to disrespect. Once respect was earned the name was dropped by the opponent. Why it would continue with a "fan" is beyond me.
    Yep... First there was this:
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- No one's calling Robert Griffin III "Bob" anymore, are they?

Back in late July, Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora wondered aloud why people were calling Griffin "RG3" -- a great nickname, but one that Umenyiora felt the Redskins rookie had yet to earn.

Robert Griffin III is averaging nearly five yards per carry this season on designed-run plays.
    Instead, Umenyiora suggested that we refer to Griffin as "Bob."

"Who is this RG3 guy you guys keep talking about?" Umenyiora said. "You talking about Bob Griffin? You guys are giving him a cool nickname already and everything. When he does anything in the NFL, we're gonna call him RG3. Right now he's Bob Griffin."
    Then there was this:

"That guy is flat-out unbelievable," Osi Umenyiora said. "I am not going to lie. Best quarterback we have played this year for sure."

The Giants have played against Tony Romo, Cam Newton, and Michael Vick this season. It was RG3 who had Big Blue looking foolish at times.

Jason Pierre-Paul told reporters last week that RG3 better not run to his side. And JPP came up big with a sack and a forced fumble, even celebrating his sack by mimicking the latest dance craze "Gangnam Style" from the popular Korean music video.

"I am pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "To face that guy twice a year is going to be a headache."

"I thought Navy was tough, Air Force, those guys I played in college," Tuck, who played at Notre Dame, said of schools that run the same offensive attack. "It is frustrating, it really is. You make a great pass rush and they can outrun you. You think it is pass and it is run and you think it is run and it is pass."

After the Giants were forced to punt, the defense needed to make another stand to put the game away. But with 2:59 remaining, Griffin put together a drive that showed the Giants and everybody else watching just how special he is.

There was a fourth-and-10 at the Redskins' 23 in which Griffin pulled out a highlight scramble from his bag of never-ending tricks, eluding Pierre-Paul and Umenyiora and converting with a 19-yard pass.

"He made a play where I had to dive for him and he still ran around me like he was just out there playing in the back yard," Tuck said. "It is an eerie feeling when you get up off the ground and you look up and that quick, he is already 30 yards down the field."

"It is unfortunate that he is a rookie because he is going to be around here forever doing stuff like that," Umenyiora said. "And that is just crazy."
    Seems how quickly we forget how he had NFL defenses wondering what to do last year.

Skip the BS intro and go to :40 to see what I'm talking about.

"I mean, I'm lost right now, especially against the pass..."

Good times man, good times. 2014 can't get here soon enough.
    Last edited by KickSave; 12-21-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

what an odd highlight package. Couldn't tell if it was pro Vikings or pro Redskins.

I did go back and watch RG3 highlights from last year. His passing mechanics are definitely night and day different and his passes are so much more accurate.
    Last edited by JonBlaze; 12-21-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Which is understandable and why it's so idiotic to bail on the guy so quickly which is what so many appear to be doing.

As for calling our QB Bob it's not a lot different than calling our team the Foreskins or whatever. It's term for rivals, not fans, even if you don't like the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Griff looked good for most of the Chi game, the first half against the Vikesand 1st halk against the Giants. He's never looked anything like last year though.
    Griff looked good because Morris was the one carrying the heavy load in the first half against the Vikings. Morris had almost 100 yards at the half. If Shanny and Kyle had featured Morris more this year, that would have been the best way to protect Griff. Kyle is a bum and I'm glad he's moving on. He clearly got his job by nepotism.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

Which is understandable and why it's so idiotic to bail on the guy so quickly which is what so many appear to be doing.

As for calling our QB Bob it's not a lot different than calling our team the Foreskins or whatever. It's term for rivals, not fans, even if you don't like the player.
    DGF, Griff has had two major surgeries on both legs. And he's not the best passer (doesn't read defenses that well). With no running ability, he seems done. And running QB's don't win Super Bowls anyway.

If the front office were really smart, they'd move RG3, while he has market value and make Cousins the permanent starter. Forget all the money and draft picks given up on Griff; winning solves all those things. If Snyder/Shanny bolster the O-line and shore up the defense, everything else will fall into place. Oh..and add one more real wide receiver too.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567