Skins Consider Sitting RGIII for remainder of season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ns-rgiii-plans

While rumors about Shanny's pending firing continue to swirl, it appears Shanny is pondering putting RGIII on the shelf due to too many hits/sacks and keeping him healthy going into the off-season program.

As you all know I suggested this a week or so back and was told it was 'idiotic' and 'made no sense'. Oddly, given the rumors about Shanny I'm a bit surprised he is taking this approach, but I wasn't the only one considering that a viable option. Do you guys still think it's nuts?
    Gang Way!

I didn't read your prior post, but a couple weeks ago, it would have been stupid to do. Now it's not, because the season is officially a certified disaster and there's nothing to play for other than to see who's part of the future.
    I use stats like a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzious View Post
    I didn't read your prior post, but a couple weeks ago, it would have been stupid to do. Now it's not, because the season is officially a certified disaster and there's nothing to play for other than to see who's part of the future.
    Well, the argument against (from DGF and a few others, can't recall the thread) was that RGIII needs live-game-time to work on reading defenses and his progressions, and the only way he'd get that is by playing - because at this point he is uninjured. But he doesn't seem to run like he used to; is that because he/coaches wants to avoid injury - or is that because he's not really 100%?

I would think he's played enough games to be able to polish these other skills from the sidelines and film study with his coaches. I wonder if Shanny might want to sit him to better his chances of not getting canned if the lose out from here, with the excuse that they sat RGIII? That's just a wild guess with no evidence.
    Gang Way!

RA, if you haven't been following this circus closely enough, you may not know that this is Shanny's ploy to get Snyder to fire him. He wants out, and not because Snyder has meddled or interfered, just the opposite. He wants out because he got everything he ever wanted from Snyder and he failed miserably. He had complete control over player personnel, and he failed miserably. Now he's quitting but he doesn't have the balls to just quit, he's not even trying to win anymore, he's trying to get fired so he gets to keep his remaining salary and so he could coach Houston next year.

This really has nothing to do with RGIII's health, or showcasing Cuz. It has nothing to do with anything except Shanny trying to get himself fired but NOT trying to win.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Ah, well that makes some sense. What makes Shanny think he'll get the Houston job, I wonder.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 12-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Gang Way!

I still prefer that Griffin play personally and it has little to do with him improving his progressions or reading defenses. Griff will have plenty of time for that during the off-season. At this point, I'm not totally against Shanny coming back for the final year of his contract with some modifications. Namely, ending his "my way or the highway" control and getting rid of Haslett and Burns immediately after the season with Allen being responsible for finding their replacements.

And no. I wouldn't extend him either. He can do just like players do in the last year of their contract. If he performs according, he'll be extended. Hell, he's already been vastly over-paid for the bullsh*t and garbage he's produced. 28 million over 4 years and the very best he can do wins-wise for those same 4 years is 27 victories. A million+ dollars for every win, for that kinda coin, if he balks at not being extended, or anything else. **** him, **** his son, **** the rest of his family, **** his friends and **** anyone that thinks he's some helleva HC.

Personally though, I still want Snyder to fire Shanny's sh*tty, overrated, petty, triflin ass. Then hire a real and legitimate GM and go from there.
    Last edited by Breed; 12-11-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Ah, well that makes some sense. What makes Shanny think he'll get the Houston job, I wonder.
    No one has officially mentioned the Houston job publicly, so that's more just speculation on the part of me and a few others. Houston is the only job that's open right now and they run his offense there. Kyle came from there and their offense had success under Kyle.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with Cousins starting obviously. I don't see how it can be worse. Shanahan is really trying to stir the pot with this one.

Closing this one up since considering is no longer valid. It's now official. We'll keep the QB change discussion in the other thread.