Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2014 Draft Order

Below is the base draft order as it currently stands. The remaining spots will be determined by the playoffs.

1. Tony's Tigers
    2. Marvin's Martians
    3. Baldingers Finger
    4. Multiple Scorgasms
    5. White Skins
    6. 360 destros
    7. Dem Bones
    8. N.Y. G - MEN
    9. Wife Beating Seniors
    10. ICU Fear
    11. New Jersey Dirty Birds
    12. Hazzard County Rebels
    13. He Hate Me
    14. Bean Town Falcons
    15. Hotwings
    16. Thunder Down Under

Marvin's Martians, Baldinger's Finger, and Multiple Scorgasms were all 4-9. They're all in the AFC and Martians have the worst conference record, giving them the #2 pick. Baldinger's and Scoregasms have the same conference record, so the tie was broken by H2H...Scorgasms won both matchups.

White Skins and 360 Destros were both 5-8. They're both in the NFC so White Skins secures the #5 pick with a worse conference record.

Dem Bones and NY G-Men were both 6-7. They are not in the same conference and did not play each other. So total points scored breaks the tie, giving Dem Bones #7.

Slots 11 and 12 go to the teams eliminated from the playoffs in week 14: New Jersey Dirty Birds (8-5) and Hazzard County Rebels (8-5). Total points scored was used to break this tie, giving the Dirty Birds the higher pick.

Slots 13 and 14 go to the teams eliminated from the playoffs in week 15: He Hate Me (8-5) and Bean Town Falcons (10-3) with slot 13 going to the team with the inferior record.

Slot 15 goes to the runner up: Hotwings

Slot 16 goes to the champ: Thunder Down Under
    Last edited by rjohmit; 04-04-2014 at 04:01 PM.

So looking at this order, I have: #1 and #10 in the first...#1, #2, and #9 in the second, and two TBD third rounders.

What trade did you make with Tony to land that #1? Of course it would be you when I have 2 through 4. :P

Looks like I've got...

1.TBD
    1.TBD

2.TBD
    2.TBD
    2.TBD

3.TBD

Could've done better with those 2nd rounders, but I can't complain after landing three top 5 picks. I set my goal to completely retool and have in place a core by the end of 2014 - hitting on even half of these picks should accomplish that. And unlike previous years I'm gonna put a lot more effort into making the right picks.

I'm still pretty annoyed by the blatant tank job that resulted in rjohmit getting the #1 pick. There are a couple other teams that did some pretty questionable things with their rosters down the stretch.

The homer in me is disappointed to not have a higher pick; the Browns are almost certainly going to draft a RB (or two) and a QB, so there may be some good "homer" options early. However, the fantasy football owner in me is happy to not have a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft. There isn't an elite RB or WR prospect in this class. #7 and three picks 11-16 works for me.
    Last edited by Xulu Bak; 12-03-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    What trade did you make with Tony to land that #1? Of course it would be you when I have 2 through 4. :P
    Tony's 2014 first and second round picks were part of the Chris Johnson trade I made a couple years ago when I gutted my team.

But I'm not even sure I'm going to keep that pick. I haven't looked at the numbers too closely yet but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    Last edited by rjohmit; 12-03-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Could've done better with those 2nd rounders, but I can't complain after landing three top 5 picks. I set my goal to completely retool and have in place a core by the end of 2014 - hitting on even half of these picks should accomplish that. And unlike previous years I'm gonna put a lot more effort into making the right picks.
    Yeah you're sitting pretty.

In addition to my 2014 picks, I currently have 3 firsts and 5 seconds in 2015...and 3 firsts in 2016. To go with Luck, Gio, Lacy, Morris, Cruz, Roddy, Tavon, Dobson, Patterson, Randle, Stills, Cameron, and Fleener. =D

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    Tony's 2014 first and second round picks were part of the Chris Johnson trade I made a couple years ago when I gutted my team.
    I wasn't blaming you for having the picks. Just annoyed that our league doesn't have anything to prevent that in place. I generally don't like the "playoff for picks" approach, but I think it's necessary after this year.

Looks like I've got...

1.TBD
    1.TBD

2.TBD
    2.TBD
    2.TBD

3.TBD

Nine first rounders between us. No wonder we can never seem to come to terms on a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I wasn't blaming you for having the picks. Just annoyed that our league doesn't have anything to prevent that in place. I generally don't like the "playoff for picks" approach, but I think it's necessary after this year.
    I was just answering the question about how I acquired the pick.

We can discuss changing how the draft order is determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Nine first rounders between us. No wonder we can never seem to come to terms on a trade.
    Well maybe the first round won't take 3 days next year. LOL

1.8 is on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHawks View Post
    1.8 is on the block.
    Shocker!

i haven't been on much due to work. 12 hour night shifts non-stop since early Nov, except for Thanksgiving day... next day off is mid-Dec. so, have forgotten about most things outside of work/sleep. haven't watched a game in a few months it seems.

In addition to my picks, it looks like I'll have...

1.12, 1.13, and 1.15/1.16.

Full "base" order updated in the OP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast