Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That's Brazilian Super Models who make $42 million bucks a year. I'd say you're putting a little too much pressure on the young Foles there. Give him a starter bish like, say... Rosie O'Donnell (isn't she from Philly? - well, when I see her I think of Philly).
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Eagle View Post
    No matter how you quantify the argument, comparing them seems bizarre at this point.

When Nick Foles has a ring or two and/or suddenly starts banging brazilian supermodels, we can re visit this.
    Another guy that can't read....Nowhere in this post was Foles Compared to the Tom Brady of today....Merely said the two had similarities the Nick Foles of today and the Tom Brady of 12 years ago.

Honestly, I hate the comparison. Nick Foles is Nick Foles. Until he has 2 or 3 SB rings, then we can start making comparison to the like of Tom Brady. It just doesn't get any more premature than that. The situation a player finds himself in makes a "HUGE" difference in the outcome of their career. I have to wonder what kind of career Peyton's dad would have had if he didn't land in NO back then. But such is life. It's all about timing, opportunities, and things beyond just ability.

I have to admit, I like seeing Foles put a little 'touch' on his passes. I have said before, that Vick was throwing DARTS and didn't have the ability to put any touch on a pass at all. There is a LOT to be excited about Foles. I would "LOVE" for him to develop into the type of player and have the career that Aaron Rogers, Peyton or Brady have had. I'm very excited to see him continue to develop.

But a little balance here -- Vick's first year as a starter he was runner up MVP of the entire season behind Brady as well. How soon we forget this. Once teams get more film, begin to prepare for him better, we will see just how well he does. Elite quarterbacks have the ability to do it year after year. Foles has not had that opportunity to show he can do that just yet. It will take time.

I really don't get why some people are so eager to pick the next Montana, get the big 'I told you so' ready when it was far too early to tell. Let it take it's course. Enjoy the ride. I "LOVE" that we might not need to pick a quarterback in the 1st next year! I "LOVE" that the defense is looking so much better, as it is. How much better can they be when we finally get some better talent on the team?

Exciting times to be an Eagle fan. It's a good thing we finally got rid of Reid. He can go ride another defenses back for awhile, until he slowly dismantles them.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    Honestly, I hate the comparison. Nick Foles is Nick Foles. Until he has 2 or 3 SB rings, then we can start making comparison to the like of Tom Brady. It just doesn't get any more premature than that. The situation a player finds himself in makes a "HUGE" difference in the outcome of their career. I have to wonder what kind of career Peyton's dad would have had if he didn't land in NO back then. But such is life. It's all about timing, opportunities, and things beyond just ability.

I have to admit, I like seeing Foles put a little 'touch' on his passes. I have said before, that Vick was throwing DARTS and didn't have the ability to put any touch on a pass at all. There is a LOT to be excited about Foles. I would "LOVE" for him to develop into the type of player and have the career that Aaron Rogers, Peyton or Brady have had. I'm very excited to see him continue to develop.

But a little balance here -- Vick's first year as a starter he was runner up MVP of the entire season behind Brady as well. How soon we forget this. Once teams get more film, begin to prepare for him better, we will see just how well he does. Elite quarterbacks have the ability to do it year after year. Foles has not had that opportunity to show he can do that just yet. It will take time.

I really don't get why some people are so eager to pick the next Montana, get the big 'I told you so' ready when it was far too early to tell. Let it take it's course. Enjoy the ride. I "LOVE" that we might not need to pick a quarterback in the 1st next year! I "LOVE" that the defense is looking so much better, as it is. How much better can they be when we finally get some better talent on the team?

Exciting times to be an Eagle fan. It's a good thing we finally got rid of Reid. He can go ride another defenses back for awhile, until he slowly dismantles them.

ANOTHER guy that CAN't READ!!! Absolutely have come to the conclusion that many of you decide to see what you want when you read posts on this board. The Kid Tom Brady was a 22 year old 6th round pick he had no rings, he had nothing, he was a 6th rd pick....Notice I provided his Michigan tape, not a damn thing with NEW England. I merely pointed out some of their similarities. Nothing more. Screw the "I TOLD U SO" you can't predict HOF careers like Bradys, Manning or Brees. They happen over periods of time, if you would have told Tom Brady when he was 22 that he was gonna be a HOF QB he probably would have choked on his vomit.

That video was a little spooky. I do see the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    That video was a little spooky. I do see the comparison.
    Glad to see someone could simply look at a video that was provided and either agree or Disagree with what they saw in a video of a 6th rd Qb from 12 years ago. Thank You Eagles Psycho, glad some people understood the original post.

I'm not sure what workout regime Brady used to increase his arm strength and throw a tighter ball in the NFL, but Foles needs to get on that ASAP. I have read that Brady was physically a late bloomer and just needed to grow into his frame and did so in the NFL, so if Foles goes on that same developmental path we may have something. These big lanky guys like Brady and Foles seem to go that path.

I still think Barkley is our better long term prospect and I'm sure I'll get killed for it with the way Foles has played. I hope there is a true open competition this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    Because this is KFFL and in a year or two people (from other forums) will be dragging this stuff out and mocking you for comparing him to TB. Somehow this will make us all look dumb. Unless of course you are right and he turns into something resembling Brady and then you will drag it out and gloat about it :)

I think Wings has just fallen in love again. ...but it's whatever.

I'm just glad the qb with the "similarities" is on our team.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

LOL, I'm perplexed. What I saw in the Brady video was a QB who can't really scramble and throws an average at best ball. What I did see is a guy who would kick his ball in on the green in a charity tourney to win. Foles is not at all like that. You can see that clearly TB is a guy who will do anything to win. Foles may or may not be like that but at this point that is the biggest difference. Foles is very laid back and kind of zen out there. Brady would toss his mother over the side to keep the lifeboat afloat.

I don't get what the comparisons are supposed to be? He throws a bad to average deep ball? Can't run?

Foles is having an amazing season and we are all pretty much waiting to see how it plays out. Why on earth we would want to compare him to TB in any way at this point is beyond me and apparently my reading comprehension skills. I just don't get it, Brady was an afterthought and replaced by Henson in his senior year and we are supposed to get excited because Foles as a higher pick pro throws the same way? Am I supposed to make some kind of leap that because they throw a similar ball that somehow their brains are similar? Foles is going to become Mr. America and win multiple SBs and bang models because he has a similar release?

I love the Eagles, I hope Foles is the real deal but to compare him to anyone at this point is silly. We don't have a big enough sample size yet. Hopefully he continues to crush this but a bad game or two will have most of us looking at QB in round 1.

Guess I have to spell this out for most of you...

Foles weaknesses as a young 20s QB without much expectations = average arm, average spin, average mobility
    Brady's weaknesses as a young 20s QB without much expectations = average arm, average spin, average mobility

Brady became a HOF QB within that framework. Foles has ten more years to become anywhere close to as good as Tom Brady has proven to be.

The "fire" is one big noticeable difference. That may be the key to Brady's success and Foles eventual failure to reach that level or it may not.

Knowing what you see at the LOS and knowing where to go with the football and knowing how to move the defense and knowing how to move quickly from read to read is the bread and butter of successful QBs in this league. Foles does all of that. Just like Brady. Just like the successful QBs do.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Guess I have to spell this out for most of you...

Foles weaknesses as a young 20s QB without much expectations = average arm, average spin, average mobility
    Brady's weaknesses as a young 20s QB without much expectations = average arm, average spin, average mobility

Brady became a HOF QB within that framework. Foles has ten more years to become anywhere close to as good as Tom Brady has proven to be.

The "fire" is one big noticeable difference. That may be the key to Brady's success and Foles eventual failure to reach that level or it may not.

Knowing what you see at the LOS and knowing where to go with the football and knowing how to move the defense and knowing how to move quickly from read to read is the bread and butter of successful QBs in this league. Foles does all of that. Just like Brady. Just like the successful QBs do.
    EXACTLY!!!! Well Said Enut, Well Said....and obviously brady didn't bark at his teammates when he first got the starting job, because first he had to "EARN" the respect of his teammates.

Numbers wise its a little insulting to Foles to compare him to any of these other QBs. He is posting way better numbers. Foles and Brady are both great examples that the key to being a good QB is between the ears more than the ability to run a 40.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123