And on a serious note about Christmas...

I say this every year, but it bears repeating: if you go to a brick-and-mortar store for your shopping, and get good service from one of their employees, remember to send a note to the company (their website should have a feedback form) mentioning the employee.

It costs you nothing but a little time, but could result in a nice bonus for the employee in question.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

before I turned 100% online for xmas gifts I used to send the note directly to the person.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Does mean I can be the Grinch and get them FIRED!!

Merrrr---rryy Chris---tmas!!!
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    before I turned 100% online for xmas gifts I used to send the note directly to the person.
    That's nice, but defeats the purpose.

I've always done this; even outside of Christmas. Restaurant service primarily, along with a large tip.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

If you're sending such feedback, make sure to provide some sort of contact info. Unless you're giving it in person, it won't be given much credence without that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    I say this every year, but it bears repeating: if you go to a brick-and-mortar store for your shopping, and get good service from one of their employees, remember to send a note to the company (their website should have a feedback form) mentioning the employee.

It costs you nothing but a little time, but could result in a nice bonus for the employee in question.
    Dear employee. Please don't ask me if I want that super size . Thanks awfully~ Jim

I agree. While nice of you, I'm not sure it enough to ward off yet another year of a stocking full of coal
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    If you're sending such feedback, make sure to provide some sort of contact info. Unless you're giving it in person, it won't be given much credence without that.
    I've noticed that most of the stores now direct you to through the internet. They ask the relevant info needed/wanted for marketing
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    That's nice, but the point is to get that good evaluation to his or her boss.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    ...along with a large tip.
    That's called assault.
    Occupying the handicap bathroom stall

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post

I do this 'often' shopping, service, etc. Stores, restaurants, lodging.... I agree with you 100%
    I promise I won't do it again

In my professional capacity, which includes meetings with conference calls with groups of people, I make a point of praising more junior folks in front of their bosses.

One somewhat obsolete tactic I used in the 1980s would be to hand-write a note of praise, give it to the person being praised, and ask them to pass it on. This worked particularly well on airplane flights, where the timing of the operation was easy. Come to think of it, it still might work well, if one ever got service of that quality on an airplane any more ...
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    That's called assault.
    And/or indecent exposure.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Before I make any more comments, you're talking about stores that sell brick and mortar, right?

Because I went to get some brick for a fireplace and the salesmen sold me calcium silicate brick when I needed fire brick...I wrote him a little note saying, **** you, buddy.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi