Foles Starter For rest of year

ESPN has it posted. Vick is now the backup in Philly. Good move by the HC. Tough one for Vick as he has a 1 year deal, so finishing the season as a backup will have a big financial impact on getting a deal elsewhere next season.

Even he admitted you couldn't bench Foles though. Not sure if Vick is ever an opening day starter again(planned), but I don't think we've seen the last of him.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Really a no brainer. Foles isn't going to continue to play at the level he has. But there is no denying he has played very well.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Tough one for Vick as he has a 1 year deal, so finishing the season as a backup will have a big financial impact on getting a deal elsewhere next season.
    Good. Maybe he'll get injured in the off season and never sign with anyone again. Perhaps having his throwing hand mauled by a dog?

The only way this would change is if Foles LOST the next TWO games...badly on O.. and the Birds are still in the hunt.
    I promise I won't do it again

Chip Kelly is playin' with 'house money'. He didn't draft either QB and the team is better than expected (vs last yr) already.

Agree with Raid. Kelly has nothing to lose by riding Foles out. Either he has lucked into a stud, or Foles' warts get exposed and he go into the offseason preparing accordingly. No lose situation here, especially with Vick toeing the party line.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewmember View Post
    Good. Maybe he'll get injured in the off season and never sign with anyone again. Perhaps having his throwing hand mauled by a dog?
    Thanks Chip Kelly!

I kinda thought Foles was the no brainer choice from the start, but okay...

It is a no-brainer choice. Foles has been outstanding. I also agree that Vick will be in the league beyond this season, but that his status of NFL starter may be permanently gone.

Water is still wet.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    Water is still wet.
    Just sayin'

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433396 Originally Posted by Science Daily

Water's Surface Not All Wet: Some Water Molecules Split the Difference Between Gas and Liquid

Air and water meet over most of Earth's surface, but exactly where one ends and the other begins turns out to be a surprisingly subtle question.

A new study in Nature narrows the boundary to just one quarter of water molecules in the uppermost layer -- those that happen to have one hydrogen atom in water and the other vibrating freely above.

Such molecules straddle gas and liquid phases, according to senior author Alexander Benderskii of the University of Southern California: The free hydrogen behaves like an atom in gas phase, while its twin below acts much like the other atoms that make up "bulk" water.

The finding matters for theoretical reasons and for practical studies of reactions at the water's surface, including the processes that maintain a vital supply of nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

"The air-water interface is about 70 percent of the Earth's surface," Benderskii said. "A lot of chemical reactions that are responsible for our atmospheric balance, as well as many processes important in environmental chemistry, happen at the air-water interface."
    He added that the study provided a new way for chemists and biologists to study other interfaces, such as the boundary between water and biomembranes that marks the edge of every living cell.