Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Yeah, the arm tackles, getting pushed around and getting gashed by noname moreno showed big heart....

Sorry the team played pitiful in the first half but turned it around in the second half even though they continued to be gashed by noname.

3 Turnovers and giving up 24 points in a half is not good football.

The heart was shown coming back from that and not throwing in the towel.
    Not playing good football doesn't mean they don't have heart.
    They turned the ball over and paid for it. This game was yet another exhibit of why not to overreact to one half or even one game.

The game threads are always an unintentionally hilarious exercise in knee jerk reactionism, though, even under normal circumstances...therein lies their beauty. On a night that went from one of the most embrassing low points of being a Pats fan since the days of Zeke Mowatt to an absolutely euphoric high a short time later, I think we can forgive a bit of extra overreaction in either direction.

I did particularly like the one where someone stroked out about Ridley fumbling and then in the very next post calls everyone else out for being overly dramatic, though.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Yeah, the arm tackles, getting pushed around and getting gashed by noname moreno showed big heart....

Sorry the team played pitiful in the first half but turned it around in the second half even though they continued to be gashed by noname.

3 Turnovers and giving up 24 points in a half is not good football.

The heart was shown coming back from that and not throwing in the towel.
    Sometimes champions are defined by their resiliency and ability to "take a punch".

How many here immediately thought of the Ravens playoff game where almost the same events happened and the Patriots folded in that game like a cheap lawn chair?

This time they didn't.

There was no question the Patriots were set back on their heels by the Broncos but it's a 60 minute game. Now it's the Broncos who are distraught and the Patriots who have to feel confident in their ability to handle adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    This time they didn't..
    I agree but there was no evidence of that until the second half.
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Nothing wrong with a little poo flinging. I drank some Buff flavored Kool-Aid earlier this year (after they were 2-0) at the urging of my fellow alumni - and look what happened. I think I'll stick to poo flinging, and leave the Kool-Aid chugging to the professionals.

I agree but there was no evidence of that until the second half.
    I disagree to some extent. Holding the third turnover to a FG was a start, and they were moving the football pretty well when they weren't shooting themselves in the foot on offense, and only allowed one long sustained drive in the half. Honestly if it weren't for the early turnovers they probably would've blown Denver out.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567