Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelek View Post
    Nothing newsworthy, but people want Nick Foles to be the greatest thing ever so Matt Barkley has to be a mean, arrogant, overrated douche. You know, at least until next year.
    Ha ha! Too true! In all honesty, I hope we never do have to see Barkley as the starter. It's nothing against him at all, but I just want to see Foles succeed (because if he succeeds, we as a team will be successful). If Barkley is talented enough to garner us a draft pick down the road (while Foles is still producing at a high level and we have less holes to fill on either side of the ball), I will wish him well (unless he goes to Dallas or NYG). I see a lot more to like with Barkley than I ever did with that POS Kevin Kolb (and this time I'm not being sarcastic; Kolb actually IS a giant douche).

In the meantime, I'm glad to have him as a backup because maybe we can FINALLY get Vick off of this team!! Hopefully then we can get a QB LATE in the draft (or an undrafted FA) so that Barkley is even more valuable (you get more value for a 2nd string QB than you do a 1st; Vick still being here would only further delay Barkley's development).
    Hop on the Nate Allen bandwagon!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2wA1yLsho

And I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but Nate Allen was drafted 37th overall, and Sean Considine used to wear #37. Hmmmmmmm........

Very impressed with Vick as a person. What a good guy that has learned a lot from his experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    For some of the guys in the lockerroom (DJax, Shady) i'm not sure it's a good idea to keep vick around.
    Probably wouldnt work because if Foles had a few bad games in a row, there could be some issues..but I like the idea of having a very capable backup.

Gotta think Chip would want at least 1 really mobile QB on the team though. Maybe he'll draft one late to be the #3.

Classy move by Vick. He could have easily made the situation into a nightmare. I wonder if Chip will put him in the game on short yardage situations. Imagine him doing the read option with Shady? They would get the first down all day long.

I have no idea about Barkley being a douche. I just know he threw the other quarterbacks under the bus in an interview during preseason. I was not impressed with him as a leader. I can't imagine the things he said going well in the locker room, and building team chemistry. Foles and Vick on the other hand, have done much better.

People will like Foles now until he is proclaimed the starter - then the Barkley love will take off.

I agree that Vick is gone after this year. They didn't draft Barkley to give up on him this fast. Will need another quarterback on the roster next year either way. Will be interesting to see if they draft another one or use the FA.

Being the #3 for 2 years as a 4th round pick is not "giving up on him". rotflmao. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Being the #3 for 2 years as a 4th round pick is not "giving up on him". rotflmao. Ugh.
    Don't think you understood my statement because your taking it out of context. Glad you got a laugh at that tho. I'm saying they are not likely to get rid of Barkley this upcoming offseason. THAT is what would be giving up on him. And if they did, that would only be 1 year, not 2. Are YOU smarter than a 6th grader?? Don't select the math category! I could roflmao, but your just not being funny. Point being, Barkley will be here next year. Vick likely will not. That leaves 2 qb's on the roster, thus we will likely need another to replace Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by espn article
    Kelly's decision will have long-term implications. Vick, who will be 34 next year, returned on a one-year contract with the expressed hope of earning a new deal with his performance.

Foles has two years remaining on his rookie contract. Matt Barkley, a fourth-round pick this year, is likely to be the No. 2 quarterback next season.

Depending on Foles' performance the rest of the way, Kelly could look to add a more mobile quarterback through the draft or other means in the offseason.
    Basically what I was just saying. It will be interesting to see what he does with the void and where/how he addresses it.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    Basically what I was just saying. It will be interesting to see what he does with the void and where/how he addresses it.
    The "void" if you will is to add a #3 guy that may compete with Barkley for the #2 spot. Your not going to get an established #2 to come in and compete for that. I could see them bringing Dixon in again as well as Kinne and possibly drafting a guy late in the draft. But barring injuries or meltdown, I suspect the #1 and #2 QB jobs in Philly are pretty close to locked for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by deerpathdave View Post
    The "void" if you will is to add a #3 guy that may compete with Barkley for the #2 spot. Your not going to get an established #2 to come in and compete for that. I could see them bringing Dixon in again as well as Kinne and possibly drafting a guy late in the draft. But barring injuries or meltdown, I suspect the #1 and #2 QB jobs in Philly are pretty close to locked for the next few years.
    I think the #1 is locked. It depends who comes in to create enough competition for Barkley. Who they bring in will likely determine if Barkley is locked in as the #2. Personally, I Hope we use the FA and just bring in a vet and use the draft resources for other positions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123