Rahim Moore, Champ Bailey and the Safety Spot

All the best to Rahim Moore and hopes of a full and speedy recovery .. Anytime there is a situation in which an injury requires emergency surgery, football becomes secondary ...

As of now, there are reports of Moore being placed on IR ...

As of now, Kayvon Webster, Chris Harris and DRC are looking like a tremendous trio ...

The inevitable question - does this open the door to Champ Bailey getting time at safety, as his return to the CB spot would displace one of either Webster or Harris .....

I am not saying that Kayvon Webster is a better CB than Bailey - however - I think it should be open to discussion that Bailey would benefit this team more at the safety spot - in other words, having Bailey, Harris, DRC and Webster on the field at the same time might be favorable in certain situations ...

The question becomes - how much of an adjustment would there be, even if it were a few plays each game ?

In my simplistic view, Champ, with his wealth of experience, would make us a better D whether at CB or S ...

And with Moore's injury looking serious, along with our solid situation at CB, I would think it would not hurt for Champ to take some snaps at S ...
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

I hate to say this but I think Champ should of been put on IR for the year. ..

It showed in the games he played in . he was making mistakes .. Chemistry.

Adams and Burton should get us though the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
    I hate to say this but I think Champ should of been put on IR for the year. ..

It showed in the games he played in . he was making mistakes .. Chemistry.

Adams and Burton should get us though the season.
    It's just hard for me to imagine a SB run, and seeing Champ on the bench - even when healthy ...
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

I agree . He would be great with a preseason under his belt ..but I think Learning this late in the season would cause more problems then saving

This is the nice thing about having Mike Adams around. He could easily be starting the entire season. I don't think we lose much with Adams coming in when Moore or Nacho have gone down. That is saying nothing bad about Moore or Nacho. Adams is just a nice savvy dependable bet (I know I sound like a broken record saying that about him) People wanted this guy off the roster this year and he's start worthy and a vet leader.. Made no sense to me.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I think we're fine with our depth right now at both spots, and keeping champ active is a luxury we can afford to make right now with how Webster is playing as a rookie. We will likely bring up Marshall from the PS if we need another safety, but I don't think we need him right now.

SS said champ is due 10 million next season which we all know he won't see, especially if we resign DRC to a 2-4 year deal. With moore being up and down this year, I think if we do move Bailey to FS it'll be in his place next season.

But for now, I think champ, drc, and harris/webster is an amazing playoff lineup, and if we play anyone like the Bengals, Dolphins, Pats, KC, Ravens or Indy we match up very well against them all. Champ though at this point needs help over the top against the best WR's.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

I think we can win the SB without Champ. He could be a bonus but I don't think he is the missing factor on this team. I like our top 3 CB's just fine.

I don't know what will happen with Champ this off-season, but he seems like the kind of guy that will have to be drug off the field before he retires. He just loves the game that much. We can't pay him what he is making next year.

I think Champ's season may be a wash if he doesn't get on the field real soon. Would be hard to start him cold late in year/playoffs I feel.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

What happened to Moore?
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Hurt his lower leg. Had emergency surgery last night... Something with the blood flow to his legs and some muscle. LGM can explain it better.

Good source of me told me Tyler Sash (former Iowa and NY Giants S) flew out to Denver for a workout.

Special Teams guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    What happened to Moore?
    Jeremiah, here's an explanation from WebMD ... Moore had what is called Compartment Syndrome:

Compartment syndrome occurs when excessive pressure builds up inside an enclosed space in the body. Compartment syndrome usually results from bleeding or swelling after an injury. The dangerously high pressure in compartment syndrome impedes the flow of blood to and from the affected tissues. It can be an emergency, requiring surgery to prevent permanent injury.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Wow, never think sports injuries go that far.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

If champ is healthy, and that is if, he absolutely should be on the field. And FS would be a perfect spot for his skills. He is probably the best tackler on the team

Quote Originally Posted by OrAnGe CrUsH 77 View Post
    If champ is healthy, and that is if, he absolutely should be on the field. And FS would be a perfect spot for his skills. He is probably the best tackler on the team
    Good idea here and by Lucas. Champ is still a top tackler - he may be able to still be a top CB, but at Safety this season - he will minimize the rust - and possibly take some footballs away.

Quote Originally Posted by OrAnGe CrUsH 77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    Good idea here and by Lucas. Champ is still a top tackler - he may be able to still be a top CB, but at Safety this season - he will minimize the rust - and possibly take some footballs away.
    I completely agree - it would be a perfect situation if Champ can start getting reps in practice ...

Granted, he won't have the luxury of playing the position for a few seasons ( ie Tyrone Braxton, Charles Woodson ) however, defenses are more about matchups, and over the years the roles of the positions, esp in the secondary, have been blurred ...

Unless Champ is dead- set against the move ( which would be ill advised at this point ), I see no reason why he couldn't at least get some reps in practice
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem