Foreign countries' warnings about US travel

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...citizens-about

Germany doesn’t warn its citizens about any specific cities, but it does caution against letting it all hang out: “Although the laws in individual states categorizing nudity as ‘indecent exposure’, are rarely asserted and punished, those laws should absolutely be followed. Nude bathing and changing clothes at the beach stirs up public agitation and can lead to unpleasantnesses.”
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

They're a lot more relaxed about that sort of thing over there than we are.

I thought this was going to be another gun thread, actually.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

Yeah we Americans don't like to get agitated.

And yes we have guns too.

yeah, well having seen a lot of euros and the immense amount of body hair they have, is it any wonder we don't like to see them naked? Brazilians on the other hand, are aaaa okay.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Canada has been warning Canadians about specific travel destinations for ages...

Florida and car-jacking specifically comes to mind.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Florida? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Florida? Really?
    Yep, this was a number of years back. Quite the mini epidemic. They were specifically targeting foreigners (smarts since they're going to have lots of spendable cash) at airports and the like.

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Yep, this was a number of years back. Quite the mini epidemic. They were specifically targeting foreigners (smarts since they're going to have lots of spendable cash) at airports and the like.
    I remember that, and some German tourists were murdered I think. 15 years ago, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    I remember that, and some German tourists were murdered I think. 15 years ago, maybe.
    Sounds about right. I think the tourism lobby was a wee bit emphatic in law enforcment nipping that in the bud.

--

I saw some 20/20 kind of show on that. They had a camera crew with some of the allegedly "reformed" carjackers following them around and letting them say what they had to say. Anyway, I got pissed as hell watching cuz the guy in the car with them was following people and pointing them out and saying what he was looking for when he carjacked someone. He kept saying rather derisively,

"Look at them fools, just giving themselves away...giving themselves away."

Like its all their fault and they brought the whole thing on themselves and this jackwipe has nothing to do with any of it. I swear to God I wanted to drive down to Florida, kick his ass then say,

"Hey, I saw you on TV, fool! Look at you just giving yourself away...just giving yourself away."
    Nefarious tasks performed at reasonable prices

I surprised there hasn't been an Egypt or Syria comedy spot "Come to Egypt Where Our Terrorists Think Your Christian Head Should Be Separated From It's Body", brought to you by the American CIA who Fund Al-Qaeda.

I mean honestly, any voter who is really informed and decides to vote for either of the 2 parties in power in the U.S. should get sent to Syria or Egypt for a 2-week vacation.
    Last edited by thelittlecheese; 11-16-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    I surprised there hasn't been an Egypt or Syria comedy spot "Come to Egypt Where Our Terrorists Think Your Christian Head Should Be Separated From It's Body", brought to you by the American CIA who Fund Al-Qaeda.

I mean honestly, any voter who is really informed and decides to vote for either of the 2 parties in power in the U.S. should get sent to Syria or Egypt for a 2-week vacation.
    God forbid they have the freedom to vote for who they want, eh? Hrrm...