Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Quote Originally Posted by keyred View Post
    I don't disagree about Alex Smith. Not a bad choice given the options last season, but I thought he overpaid to get him and question how much he will help the franchise in the long-term. Then again, he might be good enough if the team continues to rely on the defense and Charles.

Seattle got away with it for a year.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Our O is top 10, in part, because of DJax, Shady, and Peters (pro bowlers). Also, Foles and Cooper have been a huge part in the success, as well. Both of whom were drafted by Reid. Have any of Chip's guys played well yet?

If you're going to say that Reid inherited a good team, then you've got to say the same about Chip. If you're going to say that the Chiefs had talent, but weren't coached well, then I think that proves that Reid is a good coach.

But, for some unknown reason, Reid is terrible and inherited a good team (who had the worst record in the league last year) and Chip has turned a bunch of crap into a top offense.

Your hatred for Reid is clouding your judgment.
    I guess. although i never said Reid was "terrible". FWIW, there's currently articles all over the net talking about the Chiefs being the worst undefeated team ever.

Chip didn't inherit any current pro bowlers. He did not inherit a very talented team.

You can have Reid. I'll take Chip.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Me too! Reid left the cupboard bare. Its the 2nd time in Reid's career, that he inherited very good defenses. Very overrated!

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    I guess. although i never said Reid was "terrible". FWIW, there's currently articles all over the net talking about the Chiefs being the worst undefeated team ever.

Chip didn't inherit any current pro bowlers. He did not inherit a very talented team.

You can have Reid. I'll take Chip.
    Please. So, you're saying that Shady, Peters, and Djax aren't probowlers? Injuries to the OL severely limited Shady's chances of making the pro bowl. And Peters didn't make it for obvious reasons.

Just because someone didn't make the pro bowl last season(which isn't a measure of play, by the way, as players are voted in by people) doesn't mean they aren't a pro bowler. Clearly Shady is one of the best RBs in the league and was long before Chip got here. Are you saying he wasn't because he didn't make the pro bowl last year? He was also injured last year and missed a quarter of the season. But hey, none of that matters because he didn't get voted into the pro bowl.

It should also be noted that Justin Houston wasn't voted to the pro bowl, but you didn't say pro bowl selections (probably because it didn't prove your point).

Also, if you've read any of my posts, I clearly state that KC hasn't beaten any top teams (and neither has Chip). Plus, I didn't say I would take Reid over Chip, I was clearly pointing out that Chip has just as much talent to work with on offense as Reid does on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by old duke View Post
    Me too! Reid left the cupboard bare. Its the 2nd time in Reid's career, that he inherited very good defenses. Very overrated!
    I just don't agree with this. Shady and DJax are difference makers on offense and Foles looks like he could be a find. Cooper has also shown talent with Foles in at QB. This offense thrives on the ability to get 1-on-1 matchups and DJax and Shady are better than pretty much anyone else on the other end of that matchup.

On defense, many of the front 7 don't look great because the team is switching schemes. Cox and Kendricks looked better last season than they have this year and Curry doesn't fit as an every down player on this team. I'll agree that the secondary sucks and a lot of that is because of the Reid regime (although, DRC has had a decent season in the limited Denver games I've seen this year).

Please. So, you're saying that Shady, Peters, and Djax aren't probowlers? Injuries to the OL severely limited Shady's chances of making the pro bowl. And Peters didn't make it for obvious reasons.

Just because someone didn't make the pro bowl last season(which isn't a measure of play, by the way, as players are voted in by people) doesn't mean they aren't a pro bowler. Clearly Shady is one of the best RBs in the league and was long before Chip got here. Are you saying he wasn't because he didn't make the pro bowl last year? He was also injured last year and missed a quarter of the season. But hey, none of that matters because he didn't get voted into the pro bowl.

It should also be noted that Justin Houston wasn't voted to the pro bowl, but you didn't say pro bowl selections (probably because it didn't prove your point).

Also, if you've read any of my posts, I clearly state that KC hasn't beaten any top teams (and neither has Chip). Plus, I didn't say I would take Reid over Chip, I was clearly pointing out that Chip has just as much talent to work with on offense as Reid does on defense.
    I've said my piece on this topic; as usual we disagree and as usual you happen to be wrong :).
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839